Naming and shaming!

DDProductions83

I haven't seen any sign of the account linking (Bethesda.net to Steam) that was supposed to fix this kind of crap.

Did that go in with the same level of success as the rest of the features of the website?

Or am I just looking in the wrong spot?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any sign of the account linking (Bethesda.net to Steam) that was supposed to fix this kind of crap.

Did that go in with the same level of success as the rest of the features of the website?

A gmail account can be created and activated in 5 minutes. A Steam account can be created and activated in 10 minutes. A Nexus account can be created and activated in 10 minutes. A Bethesda.net account can be created and activated in 10 minutes. In less than one hour, a thief can be stealing files with impunity. If they get caught and banned, they can be back on the air in less than an hour with a completely new set of credentials.

Linking accounts is window dressing.

There has got to be something harmless and easy to do that simply makes a mod not work for anything other than the platform it is intended to work on. This way, if someone tries to steal a PC version of a mod, it simply will not work on anything but PC. Same with Xbox and PS4. But alas...I suck at making mods and don't know s#*! about the CK other than an inadequate amount.

A gmail account can be created and activated in 5 minutes. A Steam account can be created and activated in 10 minutes. A Nexus account can be created and activated in 10 minutes. A Bethesda.net account can be created and activated in 10 minutes. In less than one hour, a thief can be stealing files with impunity. If they get caught and banned, they can be back on the air in less than an hour with a completely new set of credentials.

Linking accounts is window dressing.

It's supposedly requires a fo4 copy, so at the very least it would supposedly cost them money.

I wonder how fast they would be if someone would upload their own DLCs to Bethesda.aids...

Huh?

He is saying, if someone uploaded far harbor or that robot dlc and etc on beth.aids, how long would it take them to remove it? Or would they let their own dlc sit on their site for days on end. My guess it would take them about 8 hours max, depending on when it was uploaded.

Someone will file a law suit against bethesda some day. And then they have 2 options. To moderate the whole damn crap, they build as an bad excuse of a modding site. Or to take down the whole crap at once. I dont think they can go on with publishing stolen content for long.