[LE] Greyed out Data File option?

endersblade

I noticed the problem isn't where you put it.

The .ini file already has a section called [launcher] and will only read the first one of them (hence putting it on top will get the data files usable, but it will probably make the ini disregard the already existing commands under the next [launcher] section).

I'd recommend you to Insert the command "bEnableFileSelection=1" under the already existing [launcher] section, instead of creating a second [launcher] section.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this has worked so far. Data files still greyed out. Edited both .ini files. Put it on top. Did everything mentioned here and no luck. Running Win 7 64 bit. Any more ideas? Sure would like to get to utilize a couple of the mods. :confused:

Taking all that back as I just got it working. Stupid me... Make certain you are editing skyrimprefs and not the plain skyrim .ini. DUUHHHH!

Edited by elleonblanco

Alright ill show the best solution and it will work.

go into your skyrimpref.ini under mygames in documents. Ctrl +F find launcher and yourll see something like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

edit it to look like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bEnableFileSelection=1

save and exit and it should work

For guys it's not working for, check to make sure there isn't an existing [Launcher] section to the ini as you need to add it to this section if it exists and not create another one.

This was my problem. Thank you so much. I had tried ctrl f and typed [launcher] but nothing came up. did just "[l " and it came up wtf.. maybe i spelled it wrong lol. thanks again man

now i can stalk my victims

Edited by brandon7219

Anyone for whom it did not work...

Be sure you are changing the skyrimprefs.ini that is in your My Games/Skyrim folder in my documents, NOT the one in the data.

OMG!! Thanks a million!!!

In Windows 7 it's in C:\Users\"your_username"\Documents\My Games\Skyrim

Edited by nokster

• 4 weeks later...
Hey if you havent got it to work yet, try this... ive been having this same problem and what i did was just copy all of the text from the skyrimprefs. file in the skyrim folder in the program files, then paste it in the skyrimprefs.ini file in the my games folder. load skyrim and it should be "ungreyed" then it will run a setup for your pc, then it should work... <-------- Hope this helps :teehee: