Ignorance is Bliss

hoofhearted4

What I was remarking on from marharth was him blanket condemning US troops fighting in any foreign theatre, which tended to imply a contempt for non Americans. Because sometimes, it really is necessary to go to war abroad.

Roftl ......If it was at home it would be called insurrection or invasion, the whole point of having a war abroad is not to have it come to your own shore. :whistling:

Yep. We have to invade Afghanistan and Iraq to stop Al Qaedas massive army from invading the US.

/sarcasm

Edited by marharth

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm fail, I am afraid. I'd say whether the wars right or wrong, they made a darned good job of tieing Al Qaeda and their nasty little minions down outside of the USA and elsewhere. Especially those Navy Seals who introduced Bin Laden to the principle of live by the sword, perish by the sword. Or, a taste of his own medicine if you like.

ok. so in response to the original video. i found this video. if you like to take things super cereal then dont watch it :P

Edited by hoofhearted4

Sarcasm fail, I am afraid. I'd say whether the wars right or wrong, they made a darned good job of tieing Al Qaeda and their nasty little minions down outside of the USA and elsewhere. Especially those Navy Seals who introduced Bin Laden to the principle of live by the sword, perish by the sword. Or, a taste of his own medicine if you like.

The Iraq war had nothing what so ever to do with terrorists. If you remember, they were in there to face the actual regime itself, the actual rational, or excuse used to convince themselves it was ok was the bogus idea that Saddam had nuclear weapons and was somehow a threat. Which we know is total BS.

Saying Al Qaede was being tied up in Iraq is absurd. Saddam wasn't down with it, being somewhat of a black sheep of the middle east.

Edited by Ghogiel

...because dissenters of this oh so popular stance are so hard to come by. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Now back on topic. Al Queda wasn't even in Iraq until we went there.Saddam Hussein wanted nothing to do with terrorism, he was a more classic, uniform wearing enemy type. The taliban loves the fact that we're over there where their IEDs and AKs can reach us.Our presence also has their popularity surging, and they're getting all kinds of new recruits thanks to our amazing ability to incite hatred wherever we go.

I do support our troops, which is why I want them to come home.

The Iraq war had nothing what so ever to do with terrorists. If you remember, they were in there to face the actual regime itself, the actual rational, or excuse used to convince themselves it was ok was the bogus idea that Saddam had nuclear weapons and was somehow a threat. Which we know is total BS.

Saying Al Qaede was being tied up in Iraq is absurd. Saddam wasn't down with it, being somewhat of a black sheep of the middle east.

I don't recall specifically mentioning Iraq in that post, as you know very well, so your attempt to make me look an ass is also fail. Last I heard there were also troops deployed in Afghanistan, which was also where Bin Liner was thought to be hiding for quite some time, before being pinned down in neighbouring Pakistan. My point was a general one, not specific to the Iraq war. But since you mention it, aware as I am of the report that Al Qaeda were not specifically tied to the regime in Iraq, some of their associates were certainly operating there. You also know very well that I have stated in a previous post that I believe we were given all kinds of dodgy reasons for the Iraq war and have mentioned about Tony Blair lying to the British people. Since you believe that the reasons given for the Iraq war were BS, then it must follow that there was some kind of agenda which we were not enlightened about. If you actually try reading what I posted, rather than just trying to prove some kind of point, I did not even say that the purpose of the war was to tie up the terrorists, merely that it was an incidental.

As for this from marharth

"So you are saying if we did not invade Afghanistan and Iraq, Al Qaeda would have invaded the US?

They wouldn't of even been able to launch another attack, what are you talking about?"

No, that's not what I said, that is an bizarre assertion which I certainly did not make. It is YOU making that incredibly strange exaggeration.