What Is This

Royhr

Just west of the Lynn Parking Garage at the end of a road there is a set of stairs that go down. At the bottom there is a door that you can squeeze thru. The door itself is unmarked and doesn't have any name for the area you are entering. However if you go to the back of the room you entered there is another door labeled Pump Room. If you go thru the door at the bottom of the stares is a device with 4 buttons. I guess it's some sort of water flow mechanism? To the right of this device is a door that in unaccessible. The 4 buttons on the device do not appear to do anything. So I'm not sure what to do or if maybe I need to do something else before I get to this device. Has anybody else been there and if so what do I need to do. The Fallout 4 wiki does not show anything in regards to this location. Thought maybe it was something from a mod or something but I tried running the game with any mod that would possibly create this turned off but it was still there. So again I have no clue as to what it is... Hopefully somebody knows...

Ok you were correct. Took me a bit to actually figure how to interpret what was on the wall and then to get it into the device to open the door. But finally figured it out. And yes once in the room you find The Gainer which is a unique 44 pistol. Also you get a fusion core as well as a trunk with misc stuff in it as well as a couple of other misc junk items. So it was actually not really worth the bother but thanks. At least it solved my curiosity....

There are little monitors above each button which display the number that the corresponding button has selected. The displays are almost so blurry and crappy-looking as to nearly be missed (at least they were in my game). The room has a unique legendary weapon in it, so I wouldn't say it was not worth the bother at all. Also if you have Trainwiz' "Unique Uniques" mod, The Gainer is even better. Totally worth getting.

There are little monitors above each button which display the number that the corresponding button has selected. The displays are almost so blurry and crappy-looking as to nearly be missed (at least they were in my game). The room has a unique legendary weapon in it, so I wouldn't say it was not worth the bother at all. Also if you have Trainwiz' "Unique Uniques" mod, The Gainer is even better. Totally worth getting.

My biggest problem was trying to just figure out the 0/1. Especially without seeing the wiki page about it.... Don't get me wrong, the unique weapon is a good find. I was just expecting maybe a bit more out of that room after going thru what I did to get into it. It said pump room so I was thinking there would be more to it. Thus the reason I said it probably wasn't worth the effort.