Burnout Paradise from Origins, for free

HellsMaster

Hey chaps

I don't know when it ends so I suggest you hurry.

Download Origin if you don't have it already then go to Store and search for Burnout Paradise, add to cart and go to the checkout, scroll down and in promo code type PARADISE (yes in caps), apply and you will have it for free.

Enjoy

-HM

Already own the disk version, but for some reason this is very tempting.

EA sure is trying their best to drag people into using their platform. I wouldn't mind it if it weren't for the fact that you had to sign a form that lets them scan your entire harddrive. I've heard from people who play BF3 that the amount of background processes Origin runs on your PC is astonishing.

Edit: Eh, doesn't work for me, even though South Africa falls under the UK region.

Edited by Halororor

Takes HellsMasters quote changes it up to my liking :whistling:

Canadian Troll Extraodinaire, Hater of Origin :whistling:

Already own the ps3 version with all dlc.

I don't own the pc version though, i wonder whats the difference from the two. Probably not much.

Edited by Thor.

That's how they do it... First they buy a van without windows in back, then they lure you in with candy.

What? Frankly it isn't all too surprising that EA has started working out of the pedophile's handbook. Up next, they'll have free versions of their classic (out dated) EA titles for you to play if you'd be willing to come inside while you play. Oh, and we'll even toss in some DLC if you bring your friends next time.

*shudders*

They'll have to do a lot better than that if they want me to infest my PC with spyware.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8365/enxmldba.jpg

Huh? Why the hell does EA scan Sony Ericson programs? It's not even gaming related. What do they stand to gain from it? I'm sorry, but no. That's just spyware at its finest. When they said they scan your harddrive, I at least thought it would only be for games.

Also, this:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/ea-forum-bans-are-still-affecting-games/#more-82032

I refuse to support a company or their platform when something as simple as a forum ban can lock you out of your games. And now you can't even do anything about it, because they made you sign away your rights to legal action. EA is overplaying their hand here, and they've made it quite clear they don't care if we like it or not.

Origin per definition is a spyware/trojan. As per their agreement they can do what they want with the personal data on your pc (including medical). This is illegal in most countries.

Watch videos on youtube to see how it goes through the files or download process monitor and see it for yourself.

Incase you already bought a gamecopy and this software turns out to be illegal in your country, you can return the box and will get an immediate refund.

Edited by Nadimos

Come on don't give me that crap. This is the internet. You don't think Steam does it? Your anti virus?

I personally use this:

http://bf3blog.com/forum/topic/how-to-make-origin-stay-away-from-the-rest-of-your-computer

Steam only scans for its own games and hardware, not your entire harddrive. I have also never seen Steam scanning so many places. Just look at that pic, the Origin process outnumber the rest 99 to 1. My antivirus is allowed to scan my entire harddrive, because that's what it's supposed to do. It needs to scan your harddrive for viruses and spyware. It doesn't send the data to its central server either, and if it does, it doesn't do it for 'promotional' purposes either. I'm pretty sure Valve isn't interested in what tax management software you've got installed on your PC. I'm sorry, but I have to put my foot down there. I don't willingly install something that is a single step away from being outright labelled as spyware. If that means I'll have to get Mass Effect 3 on Xbox, then that's just tough luck, but EA has their fingers so deeply in the pie here, that I simply couldn't care to have a bite.

Moaning about Steam, but not Origin, is about as arbitrary as moaning about Thieves, but not murderers. Steam isn't a patch on the pile of dung that Origin is, and anybody who claims differently is really deluding themselves and needs a reality check. Last I saw, Steam doesn't ban access to your games when you get banned on their forums either, nor do they make you sign an EULA that waives your rights to legal recourse either.

Edited by Halororor