Body Lighting Issue

So I am working on a personal body mod and I am having some lighting issues ingame. I used Zoes Sprinter body as a base, brought the model into blender and zbrush and moved the vertices around until I got a shape I am happy with. Because its based off of the sprinter body, it is UNP based, as I intend to use it with Pride of Valhalla retexture, and a personally modified normal map.

Here is a screen of the lighting issues.

The front of the body is way too dark and the back, while lighter, has stripping issues. I want to stress that this is NOT the black body issue, which comes from graphics card related driver issues. My card is fine and my drivers are up to date. I am using the retextured maps in this screen but the issue is the same regardless of what textures Im using. My mod testing bench load order is bare bones and I am not using any retexture mods or overhauls or whatever.

Im sure its a nif file related issue but I am not sure what is causing it since I dont understand all the intricacies of Nifskope modding. Please ignore the hands, feet, and neck seam as I did not install modded replacers for those for the sake of testing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-Natterforme

It might be either because of your BSLightingShaderProperty or BSShaderTextureSet. I've had similar problems but haven't managed to find the source of the issue.

Here are some guides that might help you troubleshoot your problem:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1188259-bslightingshaderproperty-basics/

http://beyondskyrim.org/2015/05/27/skyrim-nif-files-bsshadertextureset-and-textures/

I don't know Blender, I use 3DS but I've had that issue a couple of times on armor pieces, and as far as I can remember in these cases it was related to the fact that my BSLightingShaderProperty were set to 'double-side' - the front was displaying a back light and the back, a front light (no stripping shadow issue though). If I unticked 'double-side' in Nifskope, the issue seemed to fix itself. But I assume you don't need double-side for body textures. The only way that I found to fix this, whether one-sided or double-sided, was to reimport the meshes in 3DS and unwrap the UVW map again (which is a pain in the neck when your textures are done!..)

Other that that, I never knew what caused this - but if you find out I'm truly interested.

I don't know if this is the issue or not but I will just throw it out there. If you baked new normal map in blender it has an issue where one of the channels is inverted which reverses the shadowing - lighted back of the model, shaded front. I can't remember which channel is the problem but I know it can be fixed with photo shop by inverting the channel or channels. I had this issue which looks very much like yours when I baked the normal maps for my Na'vi races head, ears, hands, and feet. I was able to fix it after a lot of trial and error inverting the channels in photo shop.

if you google 'blender invert normal map problem" you will find some info on it.