Crafting armor and weapons has killed the game for me!!

danny13d

Can we still make our own spells like in morrowind? if not that's lame and I wanna see a mod for it! and also the whole crafting system pickaxes and stuff is copied right from Nehrim (Oblivion mod) Nice going Bethesda!

Actually you're totally wrong there. Nehrim based it's leveling system, magic, crafting and lots more on the Gothic series of games which were also made in Germany and are not in any way TES related.

I think Bethesda have done a very good job of crafting in Skyrim, taking it much further than both the Gothic games or Nehrim for Oblivion, and especially considering it's never been done in a vanilla TES game.

It's pretty hard to be original these days no matter what the medium, but it's how it's implemented that matters. Plus the fact you have choices whether or not to even use the crafting system at all. I don't know why people complain about problems they cause for themselves.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what people are saying about decreasing ingot numbers and such from merchants but personally I would rather see gold earned get a huge hit. Right now, it's so stupidly easy to earn gold (I'm sitting on 27k at level 24...what on Earth am I going to do with that much money?). With nerfing gold rates, it's now a lot harder to buy a house, horses become more appreciative, and it's harder to buy crafting materials! And that's just off the top of my head!

I understand what people are saying about decreasing ingot numbers and such from merchants but personally I would rather see gold earned get a huge hit. Right now, it's so stupidly easy to earn gold (I'm sitting on 27k at level 24...what on Earth am I going to do with that much money?).

I could spend it really easy. Though about now I am pretty much past the ever needing money for anything..

It's really simple. I achieved 100 Smithing yesterday. It cost me maybe 10k Gold in total. But I still had to get that gold to be able to smith anything at all. Then, to make Daedric armor, you need around 7 dremora hearts, which sell for 3k each. So I decided to do two of the Daedric quests for the hearts.

I personally feel like I deserve the gear. The game is far from over, now I look good, and won't waste as much time slaughtering enemies. Looking badass and can run around with my armor and explore everything now.

The game only just began people. The Elder Scrolls isn't about finding the best gear. For that, go play wow.

Edited by hejpadig

I still run around wrapped in fur, cause i dont care much for stats :dance:

Totally there with you on that mate. Level 38 melee char, been in hide armor till a bit ago when I finally changed to Plated hide armor because I liked the look and yea, I can craft dragon, glass and whatnot, just don't like the look of them for this char, so I don't use it.

Nothing but yourself is forcing you to do anything and Legendary upgraded leather or hide armor, with a couple enchants, will do the trick at higher level just fine even against rough enemies (and on hard difficulty).

The problem with the generic "Just don't use it" response is that people find it fun to improve their characters to the best of their abilities AND like to be challenged.

For me and many other people, intentionally holding our characters back just to preserve some challenge isn't as fun as being legitimately challenged by the game.

The problem with the generic "Just don't use it" response is that people find it fun to improve their characters to the best of their abilities AND like to be challenged.

For me and many other people, intentionally holding our characters back just to preserve some challenge isn't as fun as being legitimately challenged by the game.

Turn the difficultly up?