So... Interface mods?

marharth

I'm playing with a PS3 controller so my main complaint about the user interface is that containers don't have sections like my character's inventory does, i.e., Weapons, Ingredients... So it's a pain to scroll through the utter mess in my storage containers to find what I need. I also wish there was a way to dump ALL of one type into a container, namely ingredients. It's a bit of a pain.

However, with a keyboard and a mouse, that's where a torrent of complaints come in, and it's THE reason I use a controller. It was made FOR a controller. Stupid Bethesda seems to have no clue how difficult it can be to get used to it. I played for ten hours with a keyboard and mouse and hated the controls, no matter what I did. So a revamped UI would be very welcome. Besides, I miss being able to actually aim well with a mouse instead of a controller, I suck at it. :P haha

Oh yeah, not to mention one of my biggest peeves: the fact that there stolen and non-stolen items are in the same freaking stack. Why, Bethesda? I would have never thought I'd miss Oblivion's UI. Ever. Plus Skyrim's UI isn't very informative, I wish the Favorites for example would pop info up to show how Magicka cost, damage, etc. Would be nice.

I think we can all agree the Skyrim UI sucks. Are any big modders planning on doing a UI mod for skyrim?

You can agree to what you want to agree with, meanwhile majority of people (like myself) are totally happy with the UI and are wondering why some people are pissed off about it.

You can agree to what you want to agree with, meanwhile majority of people (like myself) are totally happy with the UI and are wondering why some people are pissed off about it.

Any proof that they are the majority? If you have none, I would avoid such statements.

As to the interface, it may be okay for the consoles but for the PC it is just plain terrible. It's not about resisting change (before some smart...ss jumps in to throw that accusation on us), it's about convenience and usability.

I guess, when scripting tools become available we will see better UI mods. I guess there are quite a few people who would like to see the return of most of the old keyboard shortcuts.

Mouse in middle of screen

WASD E and Tab

????

Don't complain about UI?

Really, guy? Do you know WHY a lot of mods are made for the PC? It's to improve, to change something that was a complaint. And have you even played it on the pc without a controller? It's tough, I constantly find myself frustrated with it. Don't complain about it?? These are VERY legitimate things we're mentioned that we dislike, after letting that sink in for a while, only then can I invite you to continue posting here. Please.

Any proof that they are the majority? If you have none, I would avoid such statements.

As to the interface, it may be okay for the consoles but for the PC it is just plain terrible. It's not about resisting change (before some smart...ss jumps in to throw that accusation on us), it's about convenience and usability.

I guess, when scripting tools become available we will see better UI mods. I guess there are quite a few people who would like to see the return of most of the old keyboard shortcuts.

It was pointed to op`s "I think we can all agree the skyrim UI sucks" when I said majority, because the way I saw it he was referring to majority first with the phrase I quoted. Maybe you missed that? I`m playing on PC by the way with keyboard and mouse and I`m just wondering what exactly do you guys think there`s wrong? I mean for me it works flawlessly.

But regardless of the link between op`s opening and my "statement" referring to it, I could bet any amount of money you want to on that if we made a poll with simple yes/no about whether people like the UI or not, there would be way more yes than no.

Edited by 4dvz

It was pointed to op`s "I think we can all agree the skyrim UI sucks" when I said majority, because the way I saw it he was referring to majority first with the phrase I quoted. Maybe you missed that? I`m playing on PC by the way with keyboard and mouse and I`m just wondering what exactly do you guys think there`s wrong? I mean for me it works flawlessly.

But regardless of the link between op`s opening and my "statement" referring to it, I could bet any amount of money you want to on that if we made a poll with simple yes/no about whether people like the UI or not, there would be way more yes than no.