[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

akWhatEver.GetName() ->Returns Alias Name

akWhatEver.GetBaseObject().GetName() ->Returns Object Name

akWhatEver.GetDisplayName() ->Returns Object Name

So No GetName() is a Alias Function it won't work on it own

use GetDisplayName() it a ObjectReference/Actor Function

For the rest I don't know

Edited by PeterMartyr

GetName() returns the name on the form if and only if there is a Name field. If the name used in the name field is localized, then yes it will display that. It will also display changes to the name that were made during runtime with SetName(). However, I do not have any language but English so cannot test to verify what happens with non-English versions.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I don't have a non-english version either, so I can't verify it myself as well. I guess I need to add a condition to check for empty strings.

akWhatEver.GetName() ->Returns Alias Name

akWhatEver.GetBaseObject().GetName() ->Returns Object Name

akWhatEver.GetDisplayName() ->Returns Object Name

So No GetName() is a Alias Function it won't work on it own

use GetDisplayName() it a ObjectReference/Actor Function

For the rest I don't know

I'm using it to get the names of the location the player has been to, so that stealth variables can be configured per cell, location and World-space in the MCM, so I'm not using it on object-references.

How i convert an .esp to .esm for a big new world?

You must first remove any dependency on any other plugins including Skyrim.esm. Then you can either

A. save the plugin as an ESM in the editor or

B. change the file extension in windows (or other OS) and use TES5Edit to edit the "File Header"; under "Record Flags" change ESP to ESM.

Is it possible to populate a formlist from a package's objectlist? Trying to see if I can create some automation entirely within one package or will have to chain packages to get what I want.

If it can be done, any direction to sample code would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Palingard

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

Race PlayerRace = PlayerRef.GetRace()
TargetActor = akTarget

Int index = PlayableRace.Length - 1
While index >= 0
If PlayerRace == PlayableRace[index]
PlayerRaceModifier = PlayableRaceModifier[index]
index = -1 ; got it so we break while loop
EndIf
index -= 1
EndWhile

akCaster.StopCombat()
akTarget.StopCombat()
akTarget.AddToFaction(MagicCharmFaction)
akTarget.SetFactionRank(MagicCharmFaction, 0)

I asked this in another thread but didn't get any answer. Does anyone know how to make any NPC friendly to the player through papyrus? The above code seems to work on NPCs that don't attack on sight (fort greymoor bandits) but not on other bandits.

Edited by Magnusen2

Just a quickie

Is there a scripting function to turn off player access to the Map Screen? I am doing a bit of tweaking to my Tiefling mod and want to make life as hard as possible for her. If you also turn off the HUD compass, and don't have access to the Map, then player will have to recognise landmarks in order to navigate.

I know there is the NoGPS mod, but it always centres the map to roughly where you are. If I can make a little mod that completely turns off access to the map then it would be a good companion mod for Equip-able Maps by ScarabMonkey.

Thanks

dePog

Only thing I can think of is using SKSE code to tap the key that closes the map menu once it has been opened. Which may or may not work for those who use controllers instead of keyboard.

Thanks IsharaMeradin

I'll check that out.

Another thought has occurred to me. I could create a map that was completely black, with black writing and black markers, perhaps. Or I might just be going mad :)