[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Does anyone know how to change the impact sound for an actor? To clarify, I'm talking about the "crash" sound that's made when the character is struck by any type of attack. I've tried making new impact sounds and an impact set, which is assigned via custom material type in the Race entry in the creation kit. It really seemed like that's what I was looking for, but it's not working for me. And I tried adding "hit" sounds to the actor in the actor entry, but that didn't do what I wanted either. I don't want the character to "say" this sound, I want to replace the actual impact sound effect. Any help would be appreciated.

This may not be your problem as well but, some FX sounds are hard coded "presay" to certain files (.hkx)

Use figment's tool to swap FX sound.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1797/?

Convert to xml, replace the sound with good text editor, convert back. :wink:

I have a spell that uses MoveTo on an actor. An explosion is meant to occur on hit of the projectile like most spells but it doesn't. I've tried using PlaceAtMe(MyExplosion) but that doesn't work. I put it in the MGEF too. Nothing seems to work but occasionally the explosion is there and I'm not sure why it's not the case 100% of the time.

Any ideas?

I have some more questions to add but I don't want the above to get drowned out.

Is there a non script way of getting lesser powers to advance a skill when used?

How can I force a dual casting animation where the hands are together without the player having the perk? I'm trying to get a spell to be used with two hands but I don't want that animation that's only one handed even though both are engaged(the equip type method).

Is there a reflect spell only association type or some method of achieving this?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how it is used with the .hkx files. But as a condition function it returns a random integer between 0 and 99. Thus if the conditions were

GetRandomPercent <= 10 AND

GetRandomPercent <= 30

it would yield true whenever the first random integer was 10 or lower and the second random integer at 30 or lower.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a spell that's supposed to make someone a temporary follower, all it really does is apply a package and then take it away after a while, but the problem is that every time I enter a cell (i.e. loading screen), the game deletes the magic effect so the finish function never happens.

How do I make the magic effect persist across cells?

Edited by Skipper2100

Hello, i have a few questions

- What are the units in aggro mode radius ? Do you need to put value in all 3 ? Bigger the number bigger the area ? Is 5 big ? 5000 ?

Other topic

- Is it possible to get ALL actors from a faction to apply a modification ? For exemple setting the faction rank at 1 for every npc in faction ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ffwrude

Hello,

I have a question regarding Leveled Actors:

I'm trying to run Actor functions on the specific spawned NPC (spawned from a leveled list) via dialogue and AI packages:

For example in dialogue I use:

akSpeaker.RemoveFromAllFactions()

In the AI package:

akActor.AddtoFaction(SomeFaction)

These seem to affect the base actor, so when they are re-spawned from the leveled list, they are modified as well.

Is there any way to only affect the specific instance of the Leveled NPC that was spawned (and not the base actor in the leveled list)?

Thank you for your help! This is one of my first few times using papyrus!

Note: If you're curious, I'm trying to make more instances of randomized leveled enemies (Forsworn, Bandits, etc.) that can be 'reasoned with' with a high enough speech-craft skill.

Hello,

I have a question regarding Leveled Actors:

I'm trying to run Actor functions on the specific spawned NPC (spawned from a leveled list) via dialogue and AI packages:

For example in dialogue I use:

akSpeaker.RemoveFromAllFactions()

In the AI package:

akActor.AddtoFaction(SomeFaction)

These seem to affect the base actor, so when they are re-spawned from the leveled list, they are modified as well.

Is there any way to only affect the specific instance of the Leveled NPC that was spawned (and not the base actor in the leveled list)?

Thank you for your help! This is one of my first few times using papyrus!

Note: If you're curious, I'm trying to make more instances of randomized leveled enemies (Forsworn, Bandits, etc.) that can be 'reasoned with' with a high enough speech-craft skill.

When you say "AI Package" do you mean like, you have a fragment that runs when the package starts? That will effect everyone running the package. The easiest way to affect individual actors I know of is a quest-triggered spell effect. Like, have the dialogue run a fragment that causes the actor to self-cast an invisible spell that runs the rest of the script or something.