[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Bald hed as in the hat being invisible? It could be wrong body partitions, check that. And then there's also that if you have an alpha property the bsshadertexture thing should be above it not the other way around.

Bald hed as in the hat being invisible? It could be wrong body partitions, check that. And then there's also that if you have an alpha property the bsshadertexture thing should be above it not the other way around.

Hi, yes, the hat is invisible in game, though it shows fine in CK. Thanks a lot for your tips! If you mean alpha property in the block list, no, there is none... As for body partitions, I'm not entirely sure - do you mean what body part it is set to in the BSDismemberBodyPartType? It is the SBP_131_Hair. In the BSDismemberSkinInstance it's to NPC Head. Sorry if that's not what you asked, I have barely started with Nifskope and modding and all this is still very confusing to me.

Yeah, check if a vanilla similar item uses that partition but i guess its right.

Using 3dsmax? If so you need to make sure you have assigned all the faces to the partition, I haven't done any armor skinning in a big while but i remember being very easy to accidentally leave them unassigned/unselected. It was something like you choose the partition, select all faces and click on the modifier to exit instead of for example clicking on the viewport that would unselect them. If you use blender no idea how that is applied.

Yeah, check if a vanilla similar item uses that partition but i guess its right.

Using 3dsmax? If so you need to make sure you have assigned all the faces to the partition, I haven't done any armor skinning in a big while but i remember being very easy to accidentally leave them unassigned/unselected. It was something like you choose the partition, select all faces and click on the modifier to exit instead of for example clicking on the viewport that would unselect them. If you use blender no idea how that is applied.

Thanks so much, yeah, I use 3dsmax - I'll try that out and see how it goes. Yeah, I had checked the partition on a vanilla had several times now, and actually several times before, that seems fine... Thanks so much for your help again!

For ESPs as masters there are two things:

First is the "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1" option for the General section of the INI file.

Second is that the CK won't allow ESP files to be used as masters. You need to use Wrye Bash to Esmify the ESPs you want to use as masters before opening them in the CK then Espify them to use them in the game.

I'm curious about script inheriting. Is this more efficient than placing a new script on references?

For example if all the references are going to do the same thing like, count how many of something is in formlist(but each formlist will be a different list), should all of them use a "base" script and just change the properties, or should they each have their own script?

As I'm thinking 7 references with the same script = 7 instances of 1 script.

Edited by Lisselli

For ESPs as masters there are two things:

First is the "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1" option for the General section of the INI file.

Second is that the CK won't allow ESP files to be used as masters. You need to use Wrye Bash to Esmify the ESPs you want to use as masters before opening them in the CK then Espify them to use them in the game.

Thank's

One freaking line, why ...

I'm curious about script inheriting. Is this more efficient than placing a new script on references?

For example if all the references are going to do the same thing like, count how many of something is in formlist(but each formlist will be a different list), should all of them use a "base" script and just change the properties, or should they each have their own script?

As I'm thinking 7 references with the same script = 7 instances of 1 script.

The big thing is with properties that you only need to write the code once, much the same way functions help out. Makes scripting stuff much less of a chore. I don't know which is more efficient ingame, but frankly it doesn't matter; the benefits for flexibility, troubleshooting, and maintenance are far too overwhelming to deny.