Any updated performance guides and mods out there?

KaiserDeathIV

I haven't seen anything like that as yet. Now I only use Nexus for any mods that I use so what I generally do is whenever I install a mod I'll also track it. And then each day I make it a point to check the mods I'm tracking to see if any of them have been recently updated as well as endorse any mods I'm using that I haven't endorsed already. Please endorse the mods you are using. It's the least you can do. Now I know you can check for updates with NMM but that option doesn't really appeal to me. I like to see if there is an update and then open the mod's link and read about what's been updated to be sure I need or want the update. By doing it via tracking works out great for me as far as staying updated.

1) hack your .ini file to disable texture streaming- then set your textures to highest in options.

2) use the enb thingy to fool the system into thinking you have more VRAM than you do

3) use 'vivid textures' to improve AND lower many texture footprints

4) use the new godrays hack to lower the weight of ray tesselation, and set to highest.

These REVERSE the synthetic methods Bethesda implemented to make it seem the game needed a higher spec of GPU than it really does.

A LOT of so-called performance mods and guides on the Nexus were plain RUBBISH- a lot of advice that was insanely wrong (settings that don't even effect the FO4 engine, for instance). Other mods trashed the visuals of the game, when changes like I listed above allow far better performance at near the HIGHEST visual settings.

The only major texture replacer that I found made any kind of performance difference was 'vivid', despite the download success of some early texture replacement mods. A lot of downloads is no proof of quality, especially where wishful thinking is involved.

Really speaking, for modern games that exist on the Xbone, having a PC at least as fast as an Xbone (4-core cpu, 260X/750TI) is essential. And I don't get why anyone would try to run FO4 on a non-gaming laptop, when Skyrim is a MUCH better game, with MUCH better mods, and is far more friendly to out-of-date hardware.

I use a 6870, and wouldn't want to go any lower than that. But at 720P. there are few recent AAA games that this GPU can't run well on highish settings at 720P.

1) hack your .ini file to disable texture streaming- then set your textures to highest in options.

2) use the enb thingy to fool the system into thinking you have more VRAM than you do

3) use 'vivid textures' to improve AND lower many texture footprints

4) use the new godrays hack to lower the weight of ray tesselation, and set to highest.

These REVERSE the synthetic methods Bethesda implemented to make it seem the game needed a higher spec of GPU than it really does.

A LOT of so-called performance mods and guides on the Nexus were plain RUBBISH- a lot of advice that was insanely wrong (settings that don't even effect the FO4 engine, for instance). Other mods trashed the visuals of the game, when changes like I listed above allow far better performance at near the HIGHEST visual settings.

The only major texture replacer that I found made any kind of performance difference was 'vivid', despite the download success of some early texture replacement mods. A lot of downloads is no proof of quality, especially where wishful thinking is involved.

Really speaking, for modern games that exist on the Xbone, having a PC at least as fast as an Xbone (4-core cpu, 260X/750TI) is essential. And I don't get why anyone would try to run FO4 on a non-gaming laptop, when Skyrim is a MUCH better game, with MUCH better mods, and is far more friendly to out-of-date hardware.

I use a 6870, and wouldn't want to go any lower than that. But at 720P. there are few recent AAA games that this GPU can't run well on highish settings at 720P.

1. What is texture streaming and how do I disable it? And what exactly does it do?

2. I tried that. I didnt really see any difference to be honest.

3. Okay.

4. I have godrays turned off anyways.

I've had pretty much the same luck. I have never really messed around at all with performance modifications. I just let the game set itself to the highest setting and I go without any real issues. But I happen to have good hardware which really does help.

But I happen to have good hardware which really does help.

I've got medium high. Medium as far as GPU is concerned, high, in terms of CPU and memory. And still ,the game has chosen higher settings than I felt comfortable with. And it runs better when I keep my hands off the steering wheel.