Shadows have gone really glitchy

Tropxe

I installed that Russian guy's graphics mod but have since deleted the files. I don't know if it's related to that, but that's the only thing that comes to mind as an explanation. Shadows have never looked like this before and it's possible I just didn't go near a fire until now since removing his mod. Anyway, check them out in the screencaps below and see if you have any ideas of what the problem is. I also removed the various texture mods I had installed in case it was them, it made now difference. I then ran it with no mods and it made no difference.

Edit

Weirdly, this only seems to happen in your house in Windrun, I ran over to the shop on the other side of the street, the Drunken Huntsman, and it was fine. Still, it'd be nice to get to the bottom of it in case it happens in other locations.

• 1 year later...
Hehe, I was googling MY problem and look at the image... I have problem at the DRUNKEN HUNTSMAN hahaha. I have not seen it anywhere else and I don't own breezehome. Tho im a pretty low level character. And when looking at the other guys in the drunken huntsman, i see no wierd shadows on them, its only on this area where the owner stands and his desk. Anyone has had the same issue? Edited by Fatgreet

This is a well-known Skyrim engine bug. It's what happens when 2 dynamic light sources try to cast shadows on the same object.

And no, it's not related to Vorontsov's ENB.

Edited by Rennn

Altering shadows by changing .ini setting have been a well known strategy since November 2011. The Geforce tweak guide covers this in depth, and includes helpful interactive visuals to demonstrate the difference in settings. Reading that may help you find settings that allow you to find the right balance performance and quality for your specific computer and game. Hope that helps!