Application Error 0xc0000142

wishbone346

I finally finished modding Morrowind to my liking, and it was working pretty well for a while, but now it has begun displaying this error every time I try to start it up. I'm using the Morrowind Code Patch, Morrowind Overhaul, Oblivion-like Combat, and Tamriel Rebuilt. I followed a video on Youtube to get everything installed correctly, and as I said it all worked fine up until now. Anyone have an idea of why this is happening or how to fix it?

• 3 months later...

Hi Enthusiast,

I had this same problem, and it seems to have to do with MGE(XE in my case)'s internal MWSE, which should be deactivated if you use a separate version/installation thereof, as I do(the latest). Not sure if that's your situation or not, but if you've messed with MGE settings at all(also possibly as an extention of messing with MGSO), it's possible that got changed. You can just double click the .exe for whatever MGE you use, bring up the GUI, go to the "In-Game" tab, and check the box beside "disable internal MWSE. You should be good from there.

• 7 months later...

jisobo, it didn't help.

Maybe it's because of my russian translation that I installed, but...

Without MGE my PC runs morrowind with 10-15 FPS, but I understand all dialogues and what's happening around, but when I install MGE it comflicts with this translation and I cant launch Morrowind. Compatibility settings didn't change nothing, and deleting some of .dll's too. Also I tried to do stuff in "regedit" and install new drivers, but it was fruitless...

How can I fix this problem?