Any tips on taking on a Fog Crawler?

Stargazer09

Legendary Fog Crawler is probably the toughest fight in the game, but as has been said, nothing attacks well without legs, and my favorite weapon is my fully upgraded .45 combat rifle with explosive legendary (perked for autofire and explosives, does crazy damage). It works well on removing appendages (including my own when a follower crosses right in front of my autofire-I dont care for power armor usually).

Legendary Fog Crawler is probably the toughest fight in the game, but as has been said, nothing attacks well without legs, and my favorite weapon is my fully upgraded .45 combat rifle with explosive legendary (perked for autofire and explosives, does crazy damage). It works well on removing appendages (including my own when a follower crosses right in front of my autofire-I dont care for power armor usually).

always forget the basic techniques for dealing with a known super adversary.

piles of mines in the path they are likely to take chasing you

not just one mine here and there - piles of 4-10 mines here and there

just don't be too close when they go off

I'd use a Fatman with MIRV modification but I'll prolly kill myself in the process.

That's what I did when one surprised me. Swore for a solid hour while I worked my way back to where I was surprised.

I'd use a Fatman with MIRV modification but I'll prolly kill myself in the process.

That's what I did when one surprised me. Swore for a solid hour while I worked my way back to where I was surprised.

do you save more often now?

do you save more often now?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ermm: :unsure: Yes,

Edited by FriedGeoduck

Well, my first encounter didn't go too badly. I found out that (a) 2 well-placed shots with a fully upgraded gauss rifle and charged shots will take down an enraged fog crawler (b) a MIRV mini-nuke will do it with one shot, provided it hits.

But I play a sniper character and prefer to engage from distance and stealthed. So I had the benefit of the sneak multiplier (4.8x). I had the benefit of knowing to expect one (I was doing the quest to clear Dalton Farm) but if I meet one on the road... well let's see how that goes. :p

Maxed out heavy weapons perk tree, and a tripped out gatling laser. It's less expensive than MIRV-ing the thing to death. Not to mention way more OP. Honestly, that's all I do now, just walk around with a gatling laser mowing stuff down.

things might be different in survival mode, but Strong with a gattling does wonders

I never realised he'd use a Gattling - I tried it originally but ended up settling for the minigun - never thought to try again once the relationship had improved.... Dumb de derp.

The Experimental Gauss Rifle XM73 http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8104/? tears holes through most things - Chaurus included.