Automatron robots reverting to basic protectron

pra

I'm surprised that I didn't find anything about that in the forum here. Apparently it happened before.

Anyway, after the patch 1.6 and the whole CTD crap around it, I noticed that all my robots except Ada and Jezebel reverted to basic protectrons. Well I guess there is no saving for those robots besides of cheating back all of the crafting materials to rebuild them, but, is there any known cause for that? Something to avoid in order to keep the bots? Are some mods known to do this?

My load order:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1
Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp=1
AWKCRPatch-UFO4P.esp=1
Conelrad 640-1240.esp=1
Crafting Workbench.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Automatron DLC.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Faction and Quest Requirements.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Removed Crafting Experience.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Far Harbor DLC.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Collectibles.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-AID-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Patch-DLC01.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Patch-DLC03.esp=1
Covenant Unrestricted.esp=1
BuildPaStation.esp=1
AtomicRadio.esp=1
CMPA +200.esp=1
SettlersRename.esp=1
SMC.esp=1
Journal.esp=1
Journey.esp=1
CartographersMapMarkers_Holotape.esp=1
ManufacturingExtended.esp=1
ManufacturingExtendedFH.esp=1
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1
Quick Save.esp=1
SettlementLimitSlashedFarHarbor.esp=1
ScrappableLegendaries.esp=1
Laurent's Robot Skins.esp=1
th1nkEyebot.esp=1
ProvisionerSupplyContainers.esp=1
ImmersiveScrapping.esp=1
RecycleBottles.esp=1
Pre-War Money is not scrap.esp=1
NickUsesRepairKits.esp=1
Vertibird Alt Fix.esp=1

Edited by pra

*bump*

On the one hand, not all robots reverted, two of them assigned to work in settlements remained. On the other hand, the reverted robots are not fixable, trying to do anything to them in the workbench just turns them invisible. Also, after I detonated the 3 broken ones and rebuilt two of them, one of those two reverted just minutes later.

What I did was taking Robot A as follower, while Robot B was dismissed with the "I'll come back later". Then I just built a few things where I was (Boston Airport), noticed that I don't see Robot B anywhere, so I went to the robot workbench, selected him, aaand it was the basic protectron again.

I have the same bug when I use mods that force scrapping of items that were not meant to be scrapped it cause a cell reset and when my robots are in that cell it acts just like the power armor reset bug and container bug I found that using "Cleaning Mods" lthat removes items using the CK instead of Scrapping them seems easier on the game engine with little or no cell resets, Also Scrapping items not oringinally ment to be scrap can also cause weird graphic bugs like the world disappearing when looking around at certain angles mainly when you use the "Scrapall" command

Edited by ClayboTGW

I had a thread about reverting Automatron robots a while ago. In that case, it turned out that if you assigned a robot as a provisioner on a supply line, there was a chance that it would meet it's end between settlements. Since provisioners can't die, it reverted to the basic protectron. My solution was to make all provisioners very heavily armored (hydraulic frames all around), very heavily armed (launchers, minigun, gatling laser) Sentrybots. That took care of that particular problem as such Sentrybots are very hard to kill.

It just happened again. Now, I simply sent a robot to the Mechanist's lair, then I fast travel there, and he reverted. %&$&/ but maybe this time it's actually reproducible? I'll try removing mods now...

edit: I now strongly suspect Laurent's Robot Skins to be the primary culprit

Edited by pra

• 4 months later...

That's still happening?

Well, what I posted was wrong, too. It was Patch 1.6 in conjunction with the unofficial fallout4 patch. As I understood it, that one specific broken version of UFO4P with that one specific F4 version irreversibly corrupts your savegame. My own "solution" was returning to an older savegame after the proper fixes has been released. The question is: have you even started your current playthrough at the time when this whole resetting settlers and reverting robots business was happening?

I've just seen that issue now in my current game. I remembered seeing this thread so came looking for it :)

The newest mod I installed a few hours ago was UFO4P. I've 2 robot provisioners, both fully modded robobrains but it's only happening to one. I'm following him at the moment. When he reaches Bunker Hill I'll reassign him then switch him with a human.

I've never seen that issue before, never used the UFO4P before, either.

I can go back to an older save if I have to.

I have this happen very rarely, and I've never used UFO4P so it must be caused by something else. I always make robot provisioners with robobrains, robotreads, all hydraulic parts and dual gatling lasers. If I see one moving really slow I know its reverted, lol.