0% Pickpocketing?!? Come on!

dheat

Hey, so well i would like to request a mod that would effect the pick pocketing skill a bit. The first character i made (still the only one i have considering it hasn't even been a week yet since skyrim was released) went towards more of a sneaky thief mage type character. So i have 100 pick pocketing about 53 destruction and only around 43 sneak, and since i find destruction to time consuming to level up what i recently discovered (and already had done twice for a few different skills) was that once you gave money to train with someone, your money would go straight to there pocket, and if you were a nice little thief like me, you could just steal it right back, but what i had come across before and now is really bothering me is that there are a few items that have 0% pick pocketing chance, and considering i have every perk in the pick pocketing tree and everything is 90% except for these few exceptions like gold over 1000 it is really annoying when i am trying to train my destruction and since my gold per training is over 1000, i either have to drop about 6000 gold or just skip it.

So i would like to ask if some modder out there could make a nice little mod that let me pickpocket amounts of gold above 1000, it would be nice if it was made so that it depended on your skill and perks and so on, but b/c my 100 and all perks everything is automatically 90% so it wouldn't bother me to much if you just made it 90% chance of getting it. Thanks if anyone that is willing to try this, and i hope someone can do this, thanks :)

A fix for it would be nice yeah, through the reasons you want it for are kinda exploity of what beth wanted.

Whatever.

I just find it silly that an unfixed (except by mods) problem that was in daggerfall exists in skyrim.

A fix for it would be nice yeah, through the reasons you want it for are kinda exploity of what beth wanted.

Whatever.

I just find it silly that an unfixed (except by mods) problem that was in daggerfall exists in skyrim.

Yeah, i realize my method is a bit ... un fair if you will, but this was just one of the many annoying times i found something with 0% and this one just kinda was the one that pushed me to request, and anyways you can only train after you level up so max after the like 5 hours of pick pocketing (i might be a bit of a exaggeration but that's how long it felt at least or how long i put into it trying different things and staying in the same city) i feel i deserve some sort of gain from it. Anyways pick pocketing is all about wanting something someone else has and taking it, like how he has my 1200 gold coins and i want them.

but what i had come across before and now is really bothering me is that there are a few items that have 0% pick pocketing chance, and considering i have every perk in the pick pocketing tree and everything is 90% except for these few exceptions like gold over 1000 it is really annoying when i am trying to train my destruction and since my gold per training is over 1000, i either have to drop about 6000 gold or just skip it.

At the speech trainer in bard college, I could train up to 75, which was 2000+gold per skillpoint, and also was able to pickpocket the money back. Maybe you forgot a perk?

I agree, you should be able to take whatever out of their pockets.. so long as they are stupid enough.

As for trainers.. they should just stop agreeing to train you.. once, twice, but three times their training gold has gone missing.. HMMMmmm I wonder who keeps stealing my coin after I train person_x.

Yea in addition to this I think that they should be given a bit better AI and put 2 and 2 together and get 22 like a normal person.

Adding +% pickpocket items helps with gold over 1000.

Also i support the idea of this mod, i'd like value taken out of pick pocket chances completely, the idea that i could steal the clothes of someones back before a coinpurse with x amount of gold in it is ridiculous.

I agree, you should be able to take whatever out of their pockets.. so long as they are stupid enough.

As for trainers.. they should just stop agreeing to train you.. once, twice, but three times their training gold has gone missing.. HMMMmmm I wonder who keeps stealing my coin after I train person_x.

Yea in addition to this I think that they should be given a bit better AI and put 2 and 2 together and get 22 like a normal person.

Yeah i agree, they should try and make there AI a bit smarter, and be able to put one thing next to another, like if they were just pick pocketed and they see you pick pocketing someone else, but don't care, i feel they should be able to know who just pick pocketing them, but still, i want to be able to be able to steal there coin.

At the speech trainer in bard college, I could train up to 75, which was 2000+gold per skillpoint, and also was able to pickpocket the money back. Maybe you forgot a perk?

Nope, i have got every single one, and i pick them right after one skill train and such on, i have no idea how you are able to do it?

Lol, I'm pretty sure they made that feature for balance's sake so you couldn't pickpocket your way to training all skills to 100.

Well you can only train up to 5 levels in total for any skill and any trainer, as in if you train 3 sneak over with vex, you can't get anymore than 2 levels in lockpickin

Well you can only train up to 5 levels in total for any skill and any trainer, as in if you train 3 sneak over with vex, you can't get anymore than 2 levels in lockpickin

You can train 5 skill points per level. If you do it like I did you should train pickpocket to ~50. Then go to a trainer (like speech in bard college) and train 1 then pickpocket. If you do that 5 times, you sometimes get a level up and can do it right again. If not, simply do some smithing/enchanting/alchemy to level up and visit the trainer again. This works VERY fast as long as you have a skill < 100 that can level up fast (like pickpocket, smithing etc.).

Anyway, I wouldn't advise this "trick" if you want to play on expert or master difficulty, because you'd get 5, 10 or even 15 level-ups without increasing any combat-skill. That causes a lot of problems with the levelscaling.