Skyrim Complaints

sedanimal

you people are trolls you show me a perfect game

skyrim is one of the best games ever made and has a few small problem very few major problems

Trolling? I think not. The reluctance to hail Skyrim as the 2nd coming of Jesus does not make everyone here a troll. I think Skyrim's good. I don't think it's great. Skyrim has many similarities to Oblivion, and it improves pretty well on many of Oblivion's concepts. And in my opinion, for every improvement It makes, I've noticed an annoyingly equal amount of over-simplifications and flat-out omissions that didn't need to be made.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolling? I think not. The reluctance to hail Skyrim as the 2nd coming of Jesus does not make everyone here a troll. I think Skyrim's good. I don't think it's great. Skyrim has many similarities to Oblivion, and it improves pretty well on many of Oblivion's concepts. And in my opinion, for every improvement It makes, I've noticed an annoyingly equal amount of over-simplifications and flat-out omissions that didn't need to be made.

Hah, don't be silly. Skyrim can't be the second coming of Jesus, that was Morrowind. Now, the third coming of Jesus? Debatable.

;)

Edited by Trey5511

TES VI will ship as only the construction set and a vague plot outline, at the rate Beth is going

or

TES VI wil take place in an area the size of a city block, have full photorealism, and still have annoying discussions about mudcrabs. Also, you get two skills, stab and zap. Bash was in, but then they decided it would confuse their target demographic. There's one quest. The end.

After playing Skyrim for about a week I have to agree. I was extremely enthusiastic while I was waiting for Skyrim to be shipped, and when I played it for the first time.

Now I find it incredibly boring and lifeless :facepalm:

Just my 2 cents.

/me waits for a total conversion of Oblivion to Skyrim...

Skyrim isn't released yet. I'll wait for the modding community to finish Skyrim first before I start playing the game. :)

Not the only one that believes Skyrim is now in its official beta testing stage. Personally I'd like to thank all the beta testers who are now working so feverishly to find and report all manner of bugs dealing with game play, the UI and game control. Sorry that you had to pay for the privilege. I will surely buy the game in a month or so when all your hard work comes to fruition and the final production patches become available. Salute

My biggest complaint about Skyrim is seeing threads like this one where very few legitimate complaints about the game are actually discussed. The majority come down to pure opinion, unreasonable expectations, and even claims that are totally false every now and then. There are things in Skyrim I would love to have seen more of though. More spells for instance. There seem to be very few now compared to Oblivion. There are many other things that I would also like to see more of, though I haven't decided yet if their absence is a bad thing, so I won't mention any specifics.

But all in all I'm having far too much fun playing the game to spend much time complaining about it. I have found very little to complain about anyways.

Edited by stars2heaven

I'm amazed by people that aren't enjoying Skyrim.

It seems some of you have forgotten that games are meant to be fun, not filled with complexity. You are focusing so much on some of those details that you cannot enjoy the game, you are ignoring the bigger picture.

You are literally destroying the fun for yourself. The game is fun, you thinking that it's over-simplified, dumbed down, lifeless or just plain boring is you focusing on details so much that you start being frustrated.

You should accept the changes, stop being an elitist and enjoy the game.

It seems some of you have forgotten that games are meant to be fun, not filled with complexity.

lv000, that's exactly the reason: fun.

I enjoyed Oblivion wholeheartedly and hoped the next TES game would live up to the high expectations, but so far I am not very impressed (except for polished graphics, etc.)

It may be simply a matter of personal taste but as I said before, I find Skyrim boring and lifeless compared to its predecessors.

Personal taste aside, IMO there's a serious lack of depth in the dialogue options, poor magic system, AI, dungeons, interface. Combat has its moments, but it feels unbalanced.

And I wish there was more variety. Oblivion has populated flatlands, rolling hills, mountains, swamps and lakes with islands on them, forested areas with lots of caves and keeps, and finally snowy arctic areas. Sure, Skyrim is meant to be a mountain area, but it's basically a giant snow globe and gets boring after a while.

Again, my 2 cents.

Then theres the lack of a need to eat, drink, or sleep.
Good ideas that reminded me of Betrayal of Krondor, which is still the best RPG I've played. But they will never ever implement that, they dumb the game down in the first place to make it more appealing to more people. I think there was a mod for Oblivion or Morrowind of the likes though.

Not all of us are complaining cuz we dont enjoy the game, but they would never improve their games with flawless feedbacks, that's the point of a discussion forum, otherwise I'd go buy an iPhone.

Edited by tmx

It seems some of you have forgotten that games are meant to be fun, not filled with complexity. You are focusing so much on some of those details that you cannot enjoy the game, you are ignoring the bigger picture.

It depends. For example for me, the complex magic (a lot of various spells, spell making, several layers of enchanting etc.) and complex alchemy IS FUN. The simplified magic of Skyrim, basically reduced to FPS style shoting is not too much fun.