Skyrim Complaints

sedanimal

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameplay is fine although sneak is a bit overpowered once you get accustomed to the playstyle. So balance sneak a bit (will probably happen via modders), improve the Interface in terms of adding a buff timer and adding a show all object or all name hotkey.

Only bugs I noticed are flying mammoths and an ice shard from an enemy caster embedded into my skull that would not go away until I went into werewolf form and turned back.

Otherwise it's been a great release with only one CTD on my end after long hours of gameplay.

Skyrim is an overly-simplified version of Oblivion with a worse UI, worse melee combat, ice instead of grass, and dragons instead of Oblivion gates. It doesn't revolutionize the series in any major way, and to the discerning eye, it takes a step backward in key areas, namely character development and the PC UI. The UI that shipped with the console version should *never* have been ported over to the PC version. It may just be the worst UI I've ever used in a PC game and makes Oblivion's look stellar by comparison.

You also can't use a controller in tandem with the keyboard and I think that sucks ass, because that's how I play Morrowind and Oblivion, and it would've helped circumvent some of the bad UI's shortcomings. Why was the ability to use the keyboard/controller at the same time even removed? Answer: Because Bethesda doesn't really give a rat's ass about the PC players at this point.

Those are my main complaints. I think Skyrim's good but as a player who has sunk lots of hours into the previous games, I don't believe Skyrim is as good as many people think it is. Some parts of Skyrim are an example of backwards evolution. Just my two cents.

I wonder when modders get their percentage of profits, which Bethseda gets for delivering unfinished product to sale and letting modders fix the issues. Yea, when do modders get their money? For making game sell better when potential buyers know, that there's thousands of mods out there, which further improve the game. I heard that there's DLC coming, good, is that the part which Bethseda removed from the product before publishing it? Well, cool now we can buy it, right? Thx.

Skyrim is an overly-simplified version of Oblivion with a worse UI, worse melee combat, ice instead of grass, and dragons instead of Oblivion gates. It doesn't revolutionize the series in any major way, and to the discerning eye, it takes a step backward in key areas, namely character development and the PC UI. The UI that shipped with the console version should *never* have been ported over to the PC version. It may just be the worst UI I've ever used in a PC game and makes Oblivion's look stellar by comparison.

My thought EXACTLY.

My only complain - no sense of achievement from what I did on the most of the quest, kids still mock me, guards calling me a thief or don't know who I am after saving his city's ass, ppl dunno I'm dragonborn, ppl didn't say anything from killing a dragon right in front of them, etc etc......which made me feel sad~ :(

But then again........it's a game, so I dun actually mind, just dat......u know........a "patch" on this issue won't mind~

Acrobat was my favorite play style in oblvion and even morrowind, but the skill got axed. The skill very easily could have evolved into a dodging ability instead. Holding my breath for mods that resurrect this ability = /

Also the AI has barely evolved, and jumping is still forbidden to everyone but the player character.

Considering acrobatics/athletics were removed not only because they deemed them excessive but because of their exploit potential, I find it a little silly that I'm still required not to jump on things even with our tiny hop to keep from breaking the game in combat. -_-

Short version: Lack of ability to dodge/no more acrobat class is my complaint.

The UI, honestly I can't think of any game that actually has a worse one. Not only is the thing barely usable with the mouse/keyboard but also the layout is so poor it beggars belief. This was posted over on Beths boards... http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5679/skyriminterface.jpg didn't anyone notice how bad it was? I tried a controller at one point and it wasn't much better. The other thing that is a disappointment is the ever decreasing number of equipment slots, it's heading the way of JRPGS.

Oh and marriage, Todd Howard may well pull faces when someone mentions Fable but Fables marriage system is deep and complex compared to the waste of time that is marriage in Skyrim.