Musket's

stumpndum

I think you should make two versions, maybe three - the current modern one you're making, a bit more basic model and something that would perfectly fit the lore - a dwarven version that isn't powered by gunpowder but by steam. Also, a dwarven musket has to be pretty badass looking.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the beginning i will create stuff that i like myself (and yes, i ignore the lore if it supports my joy of gameplay) and go over to "lore friendly stuff" later - depends on the process of item integration, hope it will be possible to add new animations (this time). And tbh: I thought 'bout Dwemer stuff myself a while ago (like my 2h hammer and the enhanced arrows) but i already can't hear it anymore...there will be hundreds of modders that go down this route so the supply of such items is secured. There will be more Dwemer rocket launchers than big breasted chinese school-girls with cat ears and tail :D Edited by ghosu

There will be more Dwemer rocket launchers than big breasted chinese school-girls with cat ears and tail :D

How about a rocket launched that shoots big breasted chinese school-girls with cat ears and tail filled with nuclear explosives ?

I like where this is going, and I like the skill tree thing. Just gotta say, I think gun crafting, as far as a gameplay mechanic, would have to be part enchanting and part smithing. An old fashioned gun's quality is all based on the craftsmanship. Poorly smithed muskets aren't only inaccurate but dangerous to use. I don't think there's an existing precedent for a weapon backfiring, so I'll just pave over that with other ideas that may help with this.

I think you could safely make musket use and crafting belong to the same category, with some bleed into the associated material based smithing skills (Steel, Dwarven, Elven, maybe orcish).

Crafting would be one branch and usage would be another. Under crafting you would have perks that would confer bonuses to the weapons you make/improve. Under the crafting side of the tree you would have perks such as Rifled barrel, this would enhance accuracy by, say, 15% to 25%. On the Usage side, you would have "practiced hand" or something that would essentially cut reload time by a factor.

If possible secondary crafting options would be nice too. Bayonets, secondary barrels, all could be added in some way for an associated material cost, and they could look different as per a race's aesthetic principles. Orcs might favor some kind of axe on the end of a barrel, Elven designs might entail something more sword like. Who doesn't think Hammers when they see Dwimer? Steel could have the standard grooved lance. Not sure about glass, myself, or even if it would be used to make a rifle. And finally, a rifle made with dragon bits might have some wicked spined bone looking thing on the underside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking this crap up and not intending to help, if you give me concept art, I can generate usable .obj's, maybe even some textures (I don't expect other people to do UV's for me). I don't know the formatting process for bethsoft games, and I suck at rigging, but hey, I can offer models. You guys are doing great jobs, by the way, Nycidian, Ghosu.

Thx...well i guess the most interesting part will be how to animate all that stuff. I'm no modder myself but afaik you could only use existing animations in Oblivion. So if Skyrim uses the same technique (i guess so) it will be a pain in the a** :(

I had the idea 'bout backfiring as well, would be nice to have some kind of a chance to hurt yourself.

Edited by ghosu

A chance on misfire and a very low chance on backfiring/explosion that would destroy the musket and hurt the player. Added a new animation:

An own perk-tree really would be nice to lower the chance...something like "Chance on misfire 15% => 10% => 5%", chance on explosion in in the same perk 5%=>3%=>0% or something like that. But because of my lack of modding-xp this will never happen or take a while (if possible).

Edited by ghosu

-SNIP-

I love this idea. All the different concepts for guns and other ranged weapons we have here are all really cool, so I think we need a category for each. I do think the idea for different materials is good, but that would make the list SUPER long (Although I do use Tytanis, so I can't speak for clean crafting)

Steel/Blackpowder: Your typical trusty flintlock rifles, pistols and muskets.These run off of a regular blackpowder that is made from fire-salts and other things, and utelizes steel bullets. Typically easy to make, but mediocre.

Dwemer Steamcrafts: These are your zany weapons, and where a majority of your guns would come from: Clockwork revolvers and steam powered crossbows are just some of the many wondrous contraptions you'd find. Hard to build however.

"Mage" Guns: These weapons are powered by a magical source, such as soul-gems or otherwise. Mainly they act like handheld spells that can be used by anyone. I could see the Thalmor giving these to their soldiers.

Daedric Cannons: Picture a flamethrower. Then picture a flamethrower crafted by Satan himself. That sums up this category. Most of these are "two-handed" guns that run off of human parts.

Ray-Guns: I'm not sure who would make these, probably the Dwemer.

http://www.wetanz.com/assets/Uploads/drgsaboteurblrg.jpg

As a side concept, I'd like to push the idea of Vorpal Stones; Basically, they'd serve as a way to enchant bullets. It would be this stone that floats in front of the barrel of the gun, and as the bullet passes through a hole in the center, it gains properties from the stone.

Edited by IxionInc

A chance on misfire and a very low chance on backfiring/explosion that would destroy the musket and hurt the player. Added a new animation:

An own perk-tree really would be nice to lower the chance...something like "Chance on misfire 15% => 10% => 5%", chance on explosion in in the same perk 5%=>3%=>0% or something like that. But because of my lack of modding-xp this will never happen or take a while (if possible).

Great work!