True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

That's what I was thinking. I don't know what mod you are talking about, as I have not been able to find any, but If someone could do this, that would be great. I can't because I can't use blender, I can't make textures, and I can't used any advanced features of the Creation Kit at all. All I'm good for is ideas! XD

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I should put this here; It's my WIP anthropomorphic dragon transformation.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/uploads//monthly_04_2012/post-2534520-0-58904400-1333526376_thumb.jpg

"Uhh... hello there, Mr. Alduin, Sir! So civilized today... Going to a ball or something?"

This looks really promising! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

:D Cool! I had a side project similar to that going on, but I got fed up with dealing with clipping issues and the fiddliness of the vert weights, so I just went to working on my race mod instead (though I intend to do more in the future)

I wish you luck XD

Pity that making new beastraces on par or superior to vanilla stuff takes so much more effort than churning out 'elf of the week' :P - not to say that the latter is easy (easier, yes, easy, no) by any means... merely to remark that the former simply has a much greater workload associated with it, since a lot of things need to be done from scratch, or at least get major modifications from stock material.

I plan on using the assets I've created for my vaalsark mod to make a few more beastraces (lilmothiit (fox), if it isn't done by then, and some as indigenous to vaalsark-created planes (a wolf one for sure, and some others, probably by popular request or something))

I'd also be cool to have a nicely animated digitigrade bodymod (complete with armor replacers), and I might consider doing that far down the line.

:D Cool! I had a side project similar to that going on, but I got fed up with dealing with clipping issues and the fiddliness of the vert weights, so I just went to working on my race mod instead (though I intend to do more in the future)

I wish you luck XD

Pity that making new beastraces on par or superior to vanilla stuff takes so much more effort than churning out 'elf of the week' :P - not to say that the latter is easy (easier, yes, easy, no) by any means... merely to remark that the former simply has a much greater workload associated with it, since a lot of things need to be done from scratch, or at least get major modifications from stock material.

I plan on using the assets I've created for my vaalsark mod to make a few more beastraces (lilmothiit (fox), if it isn't done by then, and some as indigenous to vaalsark-created planes (a wolf one for sure, and some others, probably by popular request or something))

I'd also be cool to have a nicely animated digitigrade bodymod (complete with armor replacers), and I might consider doing that far down the line.

went to go check out your mod, which I realized I had seen before. If you wouldnt mind a suggestion, Id say it looks nice, but you should probably make the ears a bit smaller. Also, that would be pretty sweet to have digigrade legs that are animated

In response to the ears thing which I had previously responded to before in the comments thread: "perhaps slightly (though mostly because of oddities in the morph that have existed since 0.0.0.5 when the head mesh was finalized. I just never felt un-lazy enough to get around to fixing them). The vaalsark themselves were created from a cave-dwelling predator, and thus hearing was important. Hence the large ears. "

Just in case you guys haven't spotted it, the mod "Unique Beast Races" separates out the paths for the beast race bodies and skeletons so you can then rig your body onto whatever you like. Seems like a good starting point for any modding you do, to be consistent with a fairly major existing mod which does related stuff.

I kicked off the project which ultimately reuulted in digitgrade feet being available for the Khajiit in Oblivion, and I know DrakeThedragon had a set of scripted feet for the argonians, so maybe looking at those (and asking permission to borrow from their scripts/models) may help you push your own projects forwards.

Good luck!

(Although I'd really like you to start by helping to upgrade the anthro races we have with proper feet, THEN build your own mods on top of that)

• 2 weeks later...