True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

There was a mod on oblivion for that rat race of off ff9? i wish i knew cause Freya was one of the best characters even though she didn't have much of a story, nothing beats Vivi though :thumbsup:

Getting back on topic maybe someone could try and contact any of the modders who made some of the races listed on this thread and try to get them to move their mod over onto skyrim :)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI, because I never saw it brought up (may have missed it) but there are actually a few other beast races in the lore that could be added. See the following links for details:Imga, Limothiit, Sload

There are not any images of the Limothiit.

There are also races from the Akavir Continent that are not used, as well as some human and mer races. A complete list of all races can be found here.

i remember somewhere in the middle of the thread that we've discussed all of the lore creatures, mainly the Limothiit, which are fox-like creatures which i wouldnt mind those as well if they're anthropomorphic foxes, hehe. x3

I second that!

@leetfart: Yeah there is a mod for them. Don't know if its still up. I am going to try to contact Tiffa and ask her if she is working or if she is gona work on making anthro wolves for Skyrim.

A few points I would like to make, this may help or hinder people in some ways, I'm just throwing them out there to ease the lore fanatics:

There are already snake-like argonians in the lore, I'm pretty sure they're referred to as Nagas.

There are tons of unused races in TES that don't show in Skyrim:

• Imga- Apes, they attempt to emulate behaviors of High Elves but aren't very bright. They insist that other races(Aside from Imga or Elves) smell and will hold their noses when aware of member of another race.
  • Lilmothiit- Vulpine race believed to be extinct, (not entirely confirmed, there's some wiggle room for you furries) There may be some relation to the Khajiit, but that's just speculation within the lore. They lived nomadically in Black Marsh
  • Sload- Large amphibious race of pseudo-pods, toadlike in appearance. Their 'hands' allow them astounding grip, but they have poor dexterity due to a lack of a usable skeletal system. They are slow and cautious thinkers. Their greatest heroes are those who plan for years before acting
  • Ka Po'Tun- An akiviri race of bipedal tigers, they worship and follow the lead of one of their own said to ascend into the form of a Dragon, either metaphorically or literally. It is unclear whether they are related to Khajiit. They seem to be a more war-like race.
  • Tang Mo- Another race of apes known for their kindness, generosity, and bravery in combat. They have an amazing track record of victories when other races have attempted to invade and enslave them.
  • Tsaesci- Said to be snake like, though descriptions are unclear as to whether they are serpents with humanoid torso, large sentient snakes, or just very tall with serpent-like features. They are apparently vampiric in nature. Reports consistently say they are tall(if not outright intimidating), beautiful, and covered in gold scales.

Last time I talked to her Tiffa actually was planning to do just that, creating her Wolven Anthros for Skyrim once the CK is out.

I told her I'd take a look into converting the feet meshes (and other things) I did for her over to Skyrim's NIF format, but I can't tell how far I'll get with this, if I ever find enough free time to do so. Let's not forget I don't even have the game for play-testing.

The race Freya was off in FF9 was called "Burmecians", if I'm not mistaken, and there was indeed a mod of this available for Oblivion, the author was "TheBurmecian". Sadly the author and all the mods vanished from the scene quite some time ago and I wasn't able to find anything of it ever again since then.

The Naga are a known race, and Nivea already tried to implement some a longer while ago. She'd be the one to ask in this regard. (refer to the other thread like this for a picture of her's I posted)

The Lilmothiit were also already done for Oblivion. I can't recall the author's name though.

...well, just a heads-up, I guess. I'm a sucker for racial diversity. :sweat:

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

A few points I would like to make, this may help or hinder people in some ways, I'm just throwing them out there to ease the lore fanatics:

There are already snake-like argonians in the lore, I'm pretty sure they're referred to as Nagas.

There are tons of unused races in TES that don't show in Skyrim:

• Imga- Apes, they attempt to emulate behaviors of High Elves but aren't very bright. They insist that other races(Aside from Imga or Elves) smell and will hold their noses when aware of member of another race.
  • Lilmothiit- Vulpine race believed to be extinct, (not entirely confirmed, there's some wiggle room for you furries) There may be some relation to the Khajiit, but that's just speculation within the lore. They lived nomadically in Black Marsh
  • Sload- Large amphibious race of pseudo-pods, toadlike in appearance. Their 'hands' allow them astounding grip, but they have poor dexterity due to a lack of a usable skeletal system. They are slow and cautious thinkers. Their greatest heroes are those who plan for years before acting
  • Ka Po'Tun- An akiviri race of bipedal tigers, they worship and follow the lead of one of their own said to ascend into the form of a Dragon, either metaphorically or literally. It is unclear whether they are related to Khajiit. They seem to be a more war-like race.
  • Tang Mo- Another race of apes known for their kindness, generosity, and bravery in combat. They have an amazing track record of victories when other races have attempted to invade and enslave them.
  • Tsaesci- Said to be snake like, though descriptions are unclear as to whether they are serpents with humanoid torso, large sentient snakes, or just very tall with serpent-like features. They are apparently vampiric in nature. Reports consistently say they are tall(if not outright intimidating), beautiful, and covered in gold scales.

While I dont care about playing anthropomorphic I wouldnt mind seeing these unused races make an appearence, particularly the Tsaesci (have always wanted to play a race that use different means of movement.

That looks really good, the only thing I can say as far as major work is that the tail should be longer and more catlike.

Could you show us some more higher resolution images?

the legs look OK, but in order to get them perfect I think the proportions need a little work. Look at this picture as a better reference for digitigrade legs in a standing posture, very few get the way they should stand, their proportions and the center of balance right. The claws could be moved down a bit too, sergal claws come directly out of the toe bone like a lizard's. Careful with making the figure really stand on the balls of the feet though and not have a second heel.

This figure is not a sergal, it's a lazurek by Queblock, but he has a completely perfect grasp of anatomy and figure posing.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4438/cevel.jpg

On the contrary, I'd say there's some issues in that drawing that do not show a perfect grasp of anatomy or posing. For instance, the legs. The way they're positioned now would either make movement awkward or difficult because it introduces problems in maintaining balance. To see for yourself, stand on the absolute tops of your toes, and bend your knees forward as you see in the picture, and try to walk keeping your back straight as you would normally. You'll not only look utterly silly, but you'll likely find it difficult because having your knees forward pushes your center of gravity off-balance, and you'll naturally lean forward with your torso to compensate. But if you look at the drawing, the torso actually is leaning slightly back. And with the added weight of the tale, everything in total would be pushing the center of gravity back enough to make walking far more difficult than it should be.

That's setting aside the fact that the head's too small, the arms too long, the torso too narrow, and the knees too far apart.

The problem with most digitgrade legs people show is that they're not adapted properly to bipedal movement. Taking a dog's back legs and slapping it on a two-legged creature doesn't make sense, so don't do that. Make the foot/paw/thing longer, to give better grip and balance. Don't make the bend too extreme or unnatural. Don't force the knees forward. Have them proportional to the rest of the body. That kind of thing.

Also, thanks to whoever posted the list of lore-friendly races. Definitely some of those are what would be interesting to see, for me personally.

On the contrary, I'd say there's some issues in that drawing that do not show a perfect grasp of anatomy or posing. For instance, the legs. The way they're positioned now would either make movement awkward or difficult because it introduces problems in maintaining balance. To see for yourself, stand on the absolute tops of your toes, and bend your knees forward as you see in the picture, and try to walk keeping your back straight as you would normally. You'll not only look utterly silly, but you'll likely find it difficult because having your knees forward pushes your center of gravity off-balance, and you'll naturally lean forward with your torso to compensate. But if you look at the drawing, the torso actually is leaning slightly back. And with the added weight of the tale, everything in total would be pushing the center of gravity back enough to make walking far more difficult than it should be.

The entire figure is slanted to the right as the entire page is slanted to the right. This was drawn on real media, and this is an effect of it being scanned.

The standing on your tip-toes argument doesn't hold water because simply put, humanity doesn't have the proper leg structure for digitigrade walking - as we are not digitigrade. I suppose this isn't the absolute best drawing I could have gotten - a completely realistic one would have straighter legs than this (which is something me and him have both learned since this image was first drawn more than two years ago). Nevertheless, sergals have a pretty good deal when it comes to digitigrade walking, the few sketches I have seen of them running or walking do have them leaning forward when doing so.

That's setting aside the fact that the head's too small, the arms too long, the torso too narrow, and the knees too far apart.

That part's intentional. They're a rather thin, sleek and curvy race. The humans are drawn with more, well, human proportions.

The problem with most digitgrade legs people show is that they're not adapted properly to bipedal movement. Taking a dog's back legs and slapping it on a two-legged creature doesn't make sense, so don't do that. Make the foot/paw/thing longer, to give better grip and balance. Don't make the bend too extreme or unnatural. Don't force the knees forward. Have them proportional to the rest of the body. That kind of thing.

This is a time-honored argument and really, there is no good answer for or against digitigrade/plantigrade legs in humanoid creatures. Digitigrade leg structure is completely reasonable in a bipedal creature, pretty much all carnivorous dinosaurs had this, but digitigrade leg structure in a humanoid creature is widely debated. Some argue the humanoid upright stance would put too much pressure on the joints on a day to day basis, but others argue that simply having more reinforced joints would fix the problem among many, many other things and I hope that we don't get into this argument again as it's pretty much an endless debate on hypotheticals. One thing is for certain however - at the end of the day, if you want to talk realism, having a bipedal humanoid with digitigrade legs is more realistic than a sapient humanoid creature that has fur, so for the sake of a fantasy setting, digitigrade legs are always fine.

Edited by BeakieHelmet

World of warcraft has many great examples : trolls which we all know , worgen (or vorgen or something) the wolf-like creatures that can transform into homanoid and k-9 form , tauren the cowmen , murlock the ugly fishmen , ogres and all oter cool things.

Last time I talked to her Tiffa actually was planning to do just that, creating her Wolven Anthros for Skyrim once the CK is out.

I told her I'd take a look into converting the feet meshes (and other things) I did for her over to Skyrim's NIF format, but I can't tell how far I'll get with this, if I ever find enough free time to do so. Let's not forget I don't even have the game for play-testing.

The race Freya was off in FF9 was called "Burmecians", if I'm not mistaken, and there was indeed a mod of this available for Oblivion, the author was "TheBurmecian". Sadly the author and all the mods vanished from the scene quite some time ago and I wasn't able to find anything of it ever again since then.

The Naga are a known race, and Nivea already tried to implement some a longer while ago. She'd be the one to ask in this regard. (refer to the other thread like this for a picture of her's I posted)

The Lilmothiit were also already done for Oblivion. I can't recall the author's name though.

...well, just a heads-up, I guess. I'm a sucker for racial diversity. :sweat:

Glad Tiffa's still modding then... after the flame she got on her anthro mod I thought she quit!