Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

~

Now imagine your mod and this contest in the age of F1/2.

As much as it pains me to say it, I didn't play F1/2 up until a few years ago. In fact, I just got into PC gaming about 4 years ago (I know, I was blinded peasant). Plus, I was only 8 years old when F1 came out. Although, if the modding community was as passionate back then as they are now, I wish I would have been a part of it.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thank you. I much appreciate that. It is my work (I slaved 6-12 hours everyday for 2 weeks making it), so it's hard not to defend it. Although, people here are much more civil and respectful in their responses. There's been a few other comments on Reddit that (In my opinion) are reaching for straws and extremely salty their mod wasn't chosen. For example, saying me placing an item called "Human meat" is extremely immoral and I should be DQ for that. Like really?

What's actually interesting is I uploaded my mod prior to Bethesda posting the rules about children. Once it was posted, I was actually quite worried. Because like you said, even though it's written, it may still break Bnet's rules. The mod itself is pretty popular on Xbox (Nearing a million views, 60K+ downloads, 2.5K+ ratings) so I figured by now if I did break the rules it would have been removed. Then again, it's an adult game, so maybe no one reported it. Or literally the word "acts" is saving it from breaking the rules since none are actually preformed.

At the end of the day, I don't want to criticize the work of other finalist. Because all in and all, whether it took them 5 minutes or 500 hours to make, they still did it using their own free time. And my mod aside, Nvidia did pick some really good mods that I enjoy and use i.e Vivid Weathers, Faction Housing, D.E.C.A.Y etc. It's a shame Nvidia handled this contest so poorly because mod authors are turning against each other over money (trust me, we all want 10K) rather than coming together. This is all our hobby and something we enjoy.

My hat's off to your thoughtful thought. Some users really need to stop poking other users no matter what platform or what site he think he's belong to. It only distracts people from current situation and make the community look like a troll cave which make it only appeal to other trolls.

No offense man but you would probably have an easier, and more productive, time suing bethesda for freaking hosting stolen content for months on their website than suing Nvida over anything about this contest.

Run that whole situation by your lawyer the next time you talk to him and see what he says. Maybe because authors aren't selling their work theres some legal technicality there but honestly I dont think so.

This kind of customer actions generate public opinion. If Beth is legally well protected, this is the second best chance to bring them into mod theft issue. But to do so, one needs to focus on the case. This Nvidia contest case seems to be a good spot. My hat's off to GeneralLuBu.

Completely off topic. I forget how, but I came across your Heritage Home mods for Fallout 3 a few weeks ago and the level of detail inspired me to push my next project further in that aspect. So thanks for that :smile:

I'm so happy to hear that. :) And it's my pleasure. I was inspired by mods like DCInt, AWOP and AQFH. It's wonderful to hear I'm able to inspire others as well. :thumbsup:

~

Now imagine your mod and this contest in the age of F1/2.

As much as it pains me to say it, I didn't play F1/2 up until a few years ago. In fact, I just got into PC gaming about 4 years ago (I know, I was blinded peasant). Plus, I was only 8 years old when F1 came out. Although, if the modding community was as passionate back then as they are now, I wish I would have been a part of it.

Nah, what I meant is that you could've published a way more powerful (message, visuals etc) mod without fear of it being taken out due to sensitive content.

i still think that modern firearms should win. ONLY because that if it does that means we can solve the weapons animation issue we have. assuming if its true the grand winner will "-have NVIDIA engineering support for their Mod creation.

Nvidia already showed us that they don't know a thing about modding. I am about 90% sure that the Nvidia support will be the winner teaching THEM what to do...

Those are the PR people. I doubt the engineers that work hard and unknown wouldn't be able to help quite a lot. Now I'm curious if they could help with new weapon animations though.

Nvidia already showed us that they don't know a thing about modding. I am about 90% sure that the Nvidia support will be the winner teaching THEM what to do...

Those are the PR people. I doubt the engineers that work hard and unknown wouldn't be able to help quite a lot. Now I'm curious if they could help with new weapon animations though.

its really the only shot we have currently. other options are we as a community make a gofund me page for hitman and donate for that havok anim software OR we posting as a modding collective on beths twitter asking for new animations? at the very least a animation tutorial from beth. should prolly list what animations you need first before you post anything. what specific reload animations, what specific holding animations, shot gun pump and reload animations and etc...

i still think that modern firearms should win. ONLY because that if it does that means we can solve the weapons animation issue we have. assuming if its true the grand winner will "-have NVIDIA engineering support for their Mod creation.

- Engineering support from NVIDIA (80 hours total which must be redeemed up to 1 year after winners are announced on July 25, NVIDIA to determine schedule) - $8000
So this engineering support will get the havok software and equip themselves with the knowledge and spend extra 80 hours on creating non existing animations for you? That's priceless.