Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Response Via Email (Ray) 07/12/2016 01:14 PM Hi Anthony,

The case was escalated to me for review. I've forward the information to the team responsible for the contest and someone from our social media team will respond to the thread. If you have any further questions about this contest then please discuss with that agent. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Ray

Which finalists broke the rules?

The 'Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch' was submitted by somebody outside the team, meaning that someone who had no part in the mod could get rewarded. Regardless the mod breaks the rules because it's made by a team.

It seems the UFO4P is removed from the contest.

The 'A Cannibal in Concord' mod possibly breaks the rules of uploading on Bethesda.net, because it contains written sexual content. Emphasis on possible.

'Modern Firearms' was made by a team, and for the most part contains assets made by other people. (Used with permission so it doesn't immediately break the rules, but it's unfair)

That's all I know.

The 'Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch' was submitted by somebody outside the team, meaning that someone who had no part in the mod could get rewarded. Regardless the mod breaks the rules because it's made by a team.

The 'A Cannibal in Concord' mod possibly breaks the rules of uploading on Bethesda.net, because it contains written sexual content. Emphasis on possible.

'Modern Firearms' was made by a team, and for the most part contains assets made by other people. (Used with permission so it doesn't immediately break the rules, but it's unfair)

That's all I know.

Sexual written content is forbidden? I think the rule needs to be defined more clearly. I recall in Fallout 3 a female prostitute saying something about not wanting to sex ghouls because "Johnnies squishier than mine". So unless the cannibal mod writes pages after pages of super-detailed pron they should not be affected by the rule. I mean if the base game has sexual content a mod that does the same should be legit.

That's all I know.

Sexual written content is forbidden? I think the rule needs to be defined more clearly. I recall in Fallout 3 a female prostitute saying something about not wanting to sex ghouls because "Johnnies squishier than mine". So unless the cannibal mod writes pages after pages of super-detailed pron they should not be affected by the rule. I mean if the base game has sexual content a mod that does the same should be legit.

That's why I put the emphasis on possible, the guidelines state "Do not upload mods featuring nude or sexually explicit material." which makes it not 100% clear if this mod is allowed or not. I have not played the mod, so I don't know how detailed the notes on this are.

Edited by TheFoxQueen

That's all I know.

That's why I put the emphasis on possible, the guidelines state "Do not upload mods featuring nude or sexually explicit material." which makes it not 100% clear if this mod is allowed or not. I have not played the mod, so I don't know how detailed the notes on this are.

I explained a page or so back why I think it does not (I'm the mod author btw) and why I decided to upload it to bnet. For those who haven't played it, there's one note (and possible a terminal entry) of a quote I used from a real serial killer that said "she was giving me oral sex". And the terminal entry at the end said "I did not f*** her though, she died a virgin" after explaining how he killed his victim. Considering there isn't explicit detail on the subject, or how he went about it, or anything sexual really aside from those two lines, I believe it didn't break the rules while other mods that had sexual material was removed but mine has not. Like I said before though, I don't think it does, but I'm not 100% sure myself.

On a side note. Glad to see the Unofficial Patch removed from the contest considering the real author(s) didn't upload it and it was some random a**hole trying to steal others work.

Edit: Also, that note can easily be missed and without finding the terminal password you won't be able to read that entry either. I've seen video playthroughs were these two things have been missed completely due to the player overlooking them. And since those two things are the only "sexual material" in the entire mod, there's a chance Nvidia didn't even see those things. Assuming they actually played through my mod or any mod entry at that.

Edited by T9X69