⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the winners.

I'm not going to jump into the more subjective elements, even though I was quite surprised by the selection. That's always going to be a risk with "handpicked" elements since everyone's going to have different ideas about what meets the criteria. Especially when there's very little transparency available about who did the choosing and why they picked the ones that they did.

Still, it's very concerning to see the contest rules being broken and even a genuine case of outright mod theft for the competition with someone else submitting the unofficial patch.

They DIDN'T look at some entries man, I give 0 congratulations to anyone as it seems there was 0 criteria for selection, unlisted videos that were submitted and imgur s#*! has 0 views, there is no way they actually played some of the mods, at the best case scenario they looked at a picture on the mod page and part of the description and put it up there.

The only positive is we can maybe win eli 10 grand in 2-3 years when nvidia gets pressured into actually giving out their winnings.

They DIDN'T look at some entries man, I give 0 congratulations to anyone as it seems there was 0 criteria for selection, unlisted videos that were submitted and imgur s*** has 0 views, there is no way they actually played some of the mods, at the best case scenario they looked at a picture on the mod page and part of the description and put it up there.

The only positive is we can maybe win eli 10 grand in 2-3 years when nvidia gets pressured into actually giving out their winnings.

Basically, this.

Stop being drama queens. The public can vote for their favorites, and if yours is not getting favorited, then that's that. This topic is becoming a hilarious parade of "my mod deserved it more!", mixed with the usual Bethesda being the devil hallucination.

You need to stop.this.flaming of everyone. IF the contest had been fairly done and people were complaining about mods that rightfully got to the final then yes that would be sour grapes to complain..

But the fact is that the contest was patently unfair and most of the entries up there break the rules of the contest itself, they should have been disqualified. They flat out shouldn't be there. Therefore people have a damn right to discuss and complain about it and how they were misled and screwed over. Because they were.

They DIDN'T look at some entries man, I give 0 congratulations to anyone as it seems there was 0 criteria for selection, unlisted videos that were submitted and imgur s*** has 0 views, there is no way they actually played some of the mods, at the best case scenario they looked at a picture on the mod page and part of the description and put it up there.

What if some mods sucked so bad they did not even bother checking the imgur? What if they skipped the screenshots and they simply downloaded it?

Nvidia is going to pay out the prize. You are just making stuff up to create a panic.

You need to stop.this.flaming of everyone. IF the contest had been fairly done and people were complaining about mods that rightfully got to the final then yes that would be sour grapes to complain..

But the fact is that the contest was patently unfair and most of the entries up there break the rules of the contest itself, they should have been disqualified. They flat out shouldn't be there. Therefore people have a damn right to discuss and complain about it and how they were misled and screwed over. Because they were.

Rightfully? Who made you judge of what is just and rightful? As for broken rules, well we will see what will happen at the end of the contest. We should wait until the thing is ended. Then we can see if there is things to complain about. I find there is some fishy things going on myself, but the reasonable complaints are swamped with the usual "DD: NVIDIA/BETHESDA/ANYONE WITH MORE MONEY THAN ME WAS PUT ON THIS WORLD TO SCREW ME OVER!!!!111oneeleven".

Rightfully? Who made you judge of what is just and rightful?

Look it is not a matter of what I see as 'rightful', it is a matter of the Facts. The FACT that some mods as finalists are NOT rightfully there due to the FACT that they broke the rules. Rules which even state that breaking them will result in disqualification.

You are complaining about everyone and calling them drama queens, attack the topic not the people. Your attitude is not helpful and just making matters worst. If you don't like that people are complaining about the issues, instead of complaining at them complaining and insulting them, why not just move along.

What if some mods sucked so bad they did not even bother checking the imgur? What if they skipped the screenshots and they simply downloaded it?

Nvidia is going to pay out the prize. You are just making stuff up to create a panic.

Rightfully? Who made you judge of what is just and rightful? As for broken rules, well we will see what will happen at the end of the contest. We should wait until the thing is ended. Then we can see if there is things to complain about. I find there is some fishy things going on myself, but the reasonable complaints are swamped with the usual "DD: NVIDIA/BETHESDA/ANYONE WITH MORE MONEY THAN ME WAS PUT ON THIS WORLD TO SCREW ME OVER!!!!111oneeleven".

YA Wait till everythings over and there is nothing you can do about broken rules YA!!!! Let all the bad things happen and wait for repercussions before complaining YA!!!! Wait till after the sex to be sure it was non-consensual and you didn't enjoy it Y..... Wait till after the sex to be sure it was non-consensual and you didn't enjoy it Y..... uhhh Oh ya you are stupid nm

Your logic is flawless, there are clear violations of their rules, yet you say wait till after the contest, when those clear violations could have been other people who merited a spot, there are clear complete rere mods, yet you want to wait for the competition to be over before we voice our disgust. You are the prime example of the dregs of the modding community. The definition of those who can't that s#*! on those who can. Been here less than a month and probably knows how everything works etc, I hate kids.

INb4 the 14 year old comes back with some weird story about how successful and rich etc he is roflmao

As for broken rules, well we will see what will happen at the end of the contest. We should wait until the thing is ended. Then we can see if there is things to complain about.

No. We should not. Doing so would mean that everyone agrees that the contest is legit, and right now it simply isn't because there's at least one guaranteed fraudulent entry submitted by someone who had nothing to do with the mod.

There's solid evidence to suggest there's also a second one there that wasn't authorized.

There's a 3rd mod with content in it that violates the provisions of what was allowed (and isn't even allowed on Bethesda.net to boot).

This contest is a farce simply because of the stolen content being voted on and the rules violations by the sponsoring company. Allowing prizes to be awarded before anyone complains is flat out ludicrous and it would be too late by then because nVidia will have no reason to want to correct this at that point.