New character: with most useless skills (poll inside)

eggplantObelisk

What are the most useless skills?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most useless combat skills (can choose multiple)

• Archery
    • Block
    • Heavy Armor
    • One-handed
    • Smithing
    • Two-handed
  2. 2. What are the most useless magic skills (can choose multiple)

• Alteration
    • Conjuration
    • Destruction
    • Enchanting
    • Illusion
    • Restoration
  3. 3. What are the most useless stealth skills (can choose multiple)

• Alchemy
    • Light Armor
    • Lockpicking
    • Pickpocket
    • Sneak
    • Speech

This is surprising. I'm playing on the mastery level and find block to be extremely useful. The damage difference between being hit and blocking a hit has proven to be a good enough reason to get some perks from the blocking tree; Especially Elemental Protection! No way I would survive without it, I love my shield. :)

This is surprising. I'm playing on the mastery level and find block to be extremely useful. The damage difference between being hit and blocking a hit has proven to be a good enough reason to get some perks from the blocking tree; Especially Elemental Protection! No way I would survive without it, I love my shield. :)

I dont understand either how they can downvote block.. As u said, and i said w/o block..i would die soo more often in fights then what i am now.. Interrupt casts, blocking magic dmg, blocking power attacks and getting a "free" hit to their back, arrows that just fall of u when u are fighting 3-4 ppl and 2 of them are "rangers" .. My god :) <3 Block :)

Omg..how can BLOCK be the most useless? haha..For me that the skill i use the MOST and thats the skill that makes my character NOT dying over and over again vs insane casters (Master level)

I double this as it is. Master level here too.

So it depends on the difficulty you're playing on.

Edited by bilarion

Unfortunately magic is all pretty terrible in this game. It's not what it was in previous elder scrolls games.

I just had to double check I was reading the Skyrim forum and not the Oblivion forum. ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Dual fireball can AoE 1 hit 90% of enemys in this game with reasonable destruction skill and perma-sagger those it can't. Its the most OP skill there is, just before conjuration. It's Oblivion that magic was useless in.

Having only played mage I can't comment on the other two classes, but I've levelled Illusion to 80, it's pretty pointless, and Alteration is even less use.

Edited by rawr22

I picked twohanded for combat. It's just too slow and enemies dodge almost every hit. I just don't like it.

For magic i picked alteration. I don't even remember what spells it contains, i use them so little.

And last pick was speech. It's not needed as often it should, and if you have money bribing works every time.

Ahh I thought you meant something like khajit night eye. I've' played khajit for 68 hours and only used it once to tr You can see everywhere anytime without it.

As for the skills they all have a use depending what type of character you want.

Edited by SHO3LACE

Speech and Pickpocket.

Speech is basically "ammount of gold you have", and after level ~20 or so you are swimming in cash. I never took one perk in it.

Pickpocket is also another pretty useless one.

Haven't tried the mage stuff, having played a Two-Handed Orc. However said Two-Handed sucks = clearly insane, same for the guy who said Smithing sucks. Access to crazy armor, improved weapons & improved armors makes it probably one of the most powerful skills out there!

Ahh I thought you meant something like khajit night eye. I've' played khajit for 68 hours and only used it once to tr You can see everywhere anytime without it.

As for the skills they all have a use depending what type of character you want.

With Oblivion mods I always used the Dark Dungeons mod because otherwise it was too light an unrealistic. No torches, bright as daylight. I hard perma night eye via spell or ring. I'll miss that sense of wandering around in the Dark having to strike a match just in time to see a Zombie horde bearing down on you.

Edited by rebelscum