Will My modlist work with the NEW The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition?

KennyBall

I doubt that just loading the mods into the new CK and then saving them will work. Also, any mods that have any of the DLCs as a master won't be able to be loaded into the new CK as Bethesda is merging all the DLC into the Skyrim SE ESM, so you won't have a Hearthfire.esm, dragonborn.esm, or dawngaurd.esm, it will all be in skyrim.esm (or whatever they are going to name the esm that comes with the SE).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if there compatible, but I don't think that skyrim special edition is really anything special. It was made so that console players could have a better looking skyrim and use mods and everything that skyrim special edition has you can get from mods that ppl have already uploaded. So if you're worried about not being able to keep your mods, then just install a nice enb and a few lighting mods and you'll have something that looks far better than skyrim special edition.

Your logic is flawed, since if vanilla Skyrim Special Edition looks better than vanilla Skyrim, then modded Skyrim Special Edition will look better than modded Skyrim. Also, the graphical enhancements are the least of it. There are no mods that will enable you to turn Skyrim into a 64bit executable, which will allow you to utilize more RAM and have the game run more smoothly and with far less CTDs on modern hardware, as well as the ability to take full advantage of modern GPU's with DX11, also not possible in 32bit Skyrim with mods. So no, you cannot use mods to get in 32bit Skyrim everything you can get from Skyrim Special Edition. Even ENBoost won't give you the same performance.

I doubt that just loading the mods into the new CK and then saving them will work. Also, any mods that have any of the DLCs as a master won't be able to be loaded into the new CK as Bethesda is merging all the DLC into the Skyrim SE ESM, so you won't have a Hearthfire.esm, dragonborn.esm, or dawngaurd.esm, it will all be in skyrim.esm (or whatever they are going to name the esm that comes with the SE).

what ive heard is that they have not merged the dlc into skyrim se esm

I don't know if there compatible, but I don't think that skyrim special edition is really anything special. It was made so that console players could have a better looking skyrim and use mods and everything that skyrim special edition has you can get from mods that ppl have already uploaded. So if you're worried about not being able to keep your mods, then just install a nice enb and a few lighting mods and you'll have something that looks far better than skyrim special edition.

I also got an ENB :wink: and lots of gfx mods, I wonder if Skyrim SE gets 64bit and dx 11-12 support and much higher memory limits for mods. if so, and the old mods are compatible my guess there will be no limit for modding the game in 64bit :D

The most significant changes appear to be a hi res graphics and flora overhaul of the game world. Adding more NPC & critter spawns may be a possibility, but doubtful since this might prove too taxing for consoles. Beth may have even gotten off their rear end and adopted some of Arthmoor's most critical USLP fixes for game breaking vanilla bugs (although this has yet to be proven so far).

Anyhow, I'm wondering just how much of an improvement the new SE will be for PC gamers like the OP said. Especially gamers like me with high end graphics cards. If you have a high end gaming rig, is SE going to be a superior form of those HD texture patches they released for the game? Because given ENBs, I suspect that texture DLC probably ranks as one of the most under utilized/downloaded texture mods for the game to date.

So will SE be of any use for gamers like yourself who've invested in ENB mods? IMO some of the ENBs I've seen to date are either equal to--or far superior than--the graphics quality of what I'm seeing in the SE trailer. Like here....

So yes, I agree this is purely for the console crowd so they can benefit from enjoying superior graphics and finally get access to mods. Don't see any reason to undergo the massive migraine it will take to transition over to the new game format. :confused:

Edited by AlarictheVisgoth