The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

Inconvenience? I thought it was intentional. :wink: Nevertheless, this is OUTSTANDING work.

Currently I'm navmeshing the outside of Snowcrag keep and find that Bethsoft's work is disdainfully grotesque: there's a field of triangles that run directly into the rockface that I didn't even touch. So I'm cleaning up the area and making the main entrance reachable. That reminds me - there's a stormcloak camp just outside the main entrance where Lucius' set-up is. Of course they had no interest in helping a mage, but there needs to be a dialogue that happens between the player, Lucius and a stormcloak guard of the camp if the player happens to not be in the Stormcloak faction. Why would they let the player pass if you're not with them?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zinno

Erm, after walking the path from Ivarstead to Snowcrag Keep, it turns out what I thought was a Stormcloak camp is actually an event marker mixed with a wolf den. :wallbash: So I'll have to clear out the wolves.

Scratch everything... I'm moving the main external entrance to be more in proportion to the inside. Since the main entrance right now is in the middle of the mountain geologically, I'm also going to be extending the draugr barrows HEAVILY. The outside main entrance is on the opposite side of the mountain... :psyduck: However since the nordic dragon ruins are already in place from the old main entrance, I'll be using that entrance as a secret entrance on the opposite side of the chasm. Later. Much later.

@Neo

You've gotten your new computer set up already and have been playing skyrim right? 'Cuz I've been thinking of overhauling Pinepeak Cavern to take place as the old collapsed entrance. I'll be tossing out the sun roof of course - not like it made sense anyway seeing as how the cave is inside a mountain. What do you think about this?

EDIT:

Having LOD landscape problems. Thread here.

EDIT2:

Went ahead and decided to look for another place. Before doing so I cleaned the esp of most unwanted changes.

Edited by Budz42

New outside main entrance has been remade. The old one is now inactive. What used to be a large structure of rocks surrounding a waterfall in vanilla is now a heap of rocks surrounding a waterfall and an unearthed ancient nord door.

SnowcragEntrance01.jpg

SnowCragmEntrance.jpg

Update:

Released a new version to the Skyrim Nexus!

Edited by Budz42

The old Main entrance is unusable. What you can still use is the side entrance which I never changed.

The main entrance is just north of Ivarstead. Follow the scaffolding to the door. However, the door is locked as I'm expanding the main entrance on the inside.

Behold Oduskol Revak'Dilon!

Literal Translation: Snowycrag sacred dead

English Translation: Snowcrag Greathall

This is just the beginning of the greathalls which lead directly to the chamber where Lucius is set up.

ScreenShot6.jpg

EDIT: Almost finished with the hall.

Edited by Budz42

Alright, here's the script for the fight with the draugr- I.E the Third Quest.

Q3

Lucius [stops in front of the doors]: Alright- this is it. In there are more draugr then I've ever seen- I don't know about you -but I was almost overwhelmed just trying to get out with all my limbs intact. When we go in there- if I die -I want you to just get the journal, and get out. Bring it to Farengar, he'll be able to help you from there. So- are you ready?

1- Yes

2- No

Lucius [Responses]:

1- Alright, here we go.

2- Alright- I'll wait here until you're ready.

[You fight your way through a small corridor, killing draugr as you go. You then enter a slightly larger room with a couple of tables set beside levelled alcoves in the wall, and some dead draugr unwrapped on the table with some loot around them.]

Lucius: This was our primary research centre while the excavations continued. We were a little confused at first. The deeper we went into the tunnels, the younger the draugr got. The very first were evidently from the Dragon War, but after that their age became harder and harder to determine. We know the Dragon Cult survived at least into the Second Era, but we never suspected that they would be here- so close to the location of Alduin's original defeat and the seat of the Greybeards. This gave me the evidence for my theory that there weren't just two sides to the Dragon War. Look here [Walks down the tunnel, gestures to the carvings on the wall]. These seem normal enough for a barrow and a dragon shrine, but there was something odd about the carvings. They depict Alduin above everything else, with the humans kneeling in terror, and dragons paying him homage just below him.

This is heretical to the beliefs of the Cult. This would imply that only Alduin is a god, while the other dragons are but a little less than gods. The next panel shows the dragon priests oppressing the Nedes of Skyrim, and the panel after that shows the Nedes rising up. Come on- my camp and the rest of the panels are in the next room- we believe it to be the Great Hall of this place.

[You walk into the Great Hall and are set upon by many draugr- who are oddly not armoured in Ancient Nord Armour, and don't use Ancient Nord weapons. After killing them all- and assuming Lucius is not dead, the dialogue continues]

Lucius: [Walks over to his camp, looking at the corpses of his team members] These poor people. They were barely able to defend themselves, they were farmers, students new to the College, retired guards and soldiers. They didn't deserve this death. The magic holding the draugr to this world must be immensely strong if they still defend the secrets of their religion and the burial sites of their leaders with such brutality. But never mind that for now- grab my journal and come take a look at this, it is really quite extraordinary. These panels here on the left show the Nede rebels assaulting the worshippers, driving them towards the mountains, the panels on the right depict Alduin and his army doing the same. The panel on the roof shows dragons duelling in the sky- something illustrated nowhere else. It is my belief that this indicates that this was indeed the refuge for a third faction in the Dragon War- one which was persecuted by the Nedes for Dragon worship, and by Alduin and his priests for heresy. But it is the roof that interests me most- it indicates that there was infighting between the dragons- something no one had ever reported on or documented. I don't know what they'd be fighting over, or why the dragons would go to war with each other at this time, but it must have been important for these Cultists to illustrate it with their own beliefs and history. But it is the panel on the back wall- there, behind the throne and that great stone table -which is of the greatest importance to you.

That huge statue depicts the Dragonborn, standing in lordship with people bowing and worshipping. On our left- his right -is a land at peace. The dragons flee, humans run free and happy- it is a good image of prosperity and happiness. Some humans sit on thrones at equal height to the dragons, while Alduin falls from the sky- pierced by a sword. On our right- his left -is another land at peace; but it is a very different land. The people bow- but they seem to cower in terror. The Dragonborn is placed in a more menacing posture, standing above legions of dragons, with Alduin's wings overshadowing him. It is my belief that this is the heresy for which these people were persecuted. That they worshipped the Dragonborn as a messiah- a man with the soul of a divine dragon at least equal to Alduin. But here is something new- the idea that the Dragonborn has two fates. One where he saves the world- making peace between mortals and those dragons who do not wish to return to the old ways, the other where he rules over it either in Alduin's stead, or at Alduin's behest. And the most terrifying thing is that it predicts neither one nor the other.

[They have been walking towards the back of the room this whole time. When they get too close, the top of the 'table' flies off, revealing it to be a massive sarcophagus from which emerges a draugr wearing the robes of a Greybeard, who fights only by Shouting and unarmed combat. After killing the draugr, assuming Lucius is not dead, the dialogue continues.]

By the Eight- this one looks like a Greybeard! I would love to learn more about this right now- but we have to leave; before more of them arrive!

1- Wait! We need to find out what's in that door.

2- Don't you want to explore further? I can see an open doorway between the statue Dragonborn's legs.

Lucius [Responses]:

1- Door? What door? Nevermind- tell me later. We need to get out, hurry!

2- By the statue of the Dragonborn? Maybe it's... No, not now. We'll come back later to explore it- for now, we should leave this place.