The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (dragon) flight is getting it's first breakthrough, Moopus Maximus figured out how to seperate the animations from controlling movement (from what I understand). Ths was one of the things that held several scripts back:

Source

I'm confident someone will find a way to get collision working sometime, too. So this is actually a good time for taking a break or working on NPCs and environments since there are several people out there working on getting flight done already. Hope you will pick up work again soon though Budz, still my most wanted mod. Hell, this thread is actually one of my startup tabs just so I can check the progress every day :woot:

Edited by xyks

Well, I've came up with one lore friendly possibility with the dragon transformation. There has been a few known instances, well, one that I know. Martin Septim was able to become a dragon for only a minute before becoming petrified. So, is the transformation into a dragon possible? Yes, but it takes a tremendous amount of energy to stabilize the form, energy that normal mortals without the Thu'um can't do. Martin was only able to do it through the Amulet of Kings, and even he didn't have said amount of energy that say, a dragon, would have. Yes, he is a dragonborn, but since dragons aren't around during the Third Age, there is no way to harness dragon souls, which would increase the energy of a dragonborn enough to maintain such ability. Now, with dragons returning to the world, there is more of a chance for the dragonborn to maintain the ability.

Its lore friendly in a way of building around the current lore. And even so, I am playing off the fact that there may be lost lore that will be revealed by the dragons, especially during Path of the Dovah. Its much like modern times, where all we know about the past comes from what we find.

Kia Ora

A wee thought here as far as the amulet and dragon blood goes,.. As anybody touted the thought?

As the amulet holds X amount of blood and Martin has no training in the form change, for him it goes horribly wrong.

For one trained and one who has the Y amount of blood or a potion to restore it he can fact make this change without side effects.

The idea here is that for the light Chars they get an exstract from the dragon kills and learn a recpie to make said potion the Dark Chars

could be gifted (at a costmaybe) the exstract byt the darker Greybeards and learn said recpie to make the potion, this potion would work

just like a magicka/health potion but could maybe have a side effect if used to much at once (as di Potions in "The Witcher")