The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

@ Neo, thanks :)

@TCP

Looking over your files, I must say lucius2 was a nice surprise for a voice. I think that's the voice for Lucius. As for the dragon voice, that would be fine if they were in a large chamber with lots of echo, but I think we're looking for the raw, un-echod voice. The grumble is perfect though. And one more thing - be careful with rolling your 'R's as to prevent any two characters to sound too similar to one another. (IIRC no one in skyrim rolls their 'R's so as I said, be careful.)

Sounds good Budz, nice to see we are moving forward as regards the voice acting. When do you think you will want to get started on recording the dialogue for Lucius?

And I'll get you the Dragon voice with no reverb so you can play around with it yourself.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main problem I see so far with my recordings is volume maximization. Levels come fine for speakers and such but not for headphones, can potentially be too low if blended with high-volume music.

It's more than enough for fan projects really, but I want to gradually bring my work to professional pristine quality regardless of the nature of the particular project I am involved in.

Gotta up my audio editing game to overcome the limitations of my hardware. ;)

[crazy idea]

Okay... I just had an epic idea for an easter egg type thing... But make it totally serious. Chayification, MxR, GophersVids, Brodual and Tyrannicon as Lord Chayification, M.X.R. , Dark Master Stiv Gro-fur, Brodual and Throthgar son of Bothvar, respectively. Of course this would require the actual voice acting and acknowledgement of the youtube posters themselves. Their characters would sit around different areas of Dragonrest and give off side quests. For example, Stiv would have the player gather Orcs to his castle abode for a plan of a Skyrim take-over using dragons, Throthgar would have the player gather women for bikini contests, Chay would... erm do chay stuff (probably have contests to see if he's crazier than Sheogorath? *shrug* The crazy englishman versus the crazy daedric scottsman...) Of course they would have to undergo interviews to see what exactly they want their characters to do. And such a thing would have to be done either by someone else or by me after EVERYTHING else is done. In a few years at least.

[/crazy idea]

Back on topic, Zinno hasn't reported back at all, not even for a warning to say that he'd be gone for a while... Not sure if Hippeus is available yet so I suppose I'll have to contact him again. In the meantime I'm gunna continue plugging away at the entrance cell.

Edited by Budz42

[crazy idea]

Okay... I just had an epic idea for an easter egg type thing... But make it totally serious. Chayification, MxR, GophersVids, Brodual and Tyrannicon as Lord Chayification, M.X.R. , Dark Master Stiv Gro-fur, Brodual and Throthgar son of Bothvar, respectively. Of course this would require the actual voice acting and acknowledgement of the youtube posters themselves. Their characters would sit around different areas of Dragonrest and give off side quests. For example, Stiv would have the player gather Orcs to his castle abode for a plan of a Skyrim take-over using dragons, Throthgar would have the player gather women for bikini contests, Chay would... erm do chay stuff (probably have contests to see if he's crazier than Sheogorath? *shrug* The crazy englishman versus the crazy daedric scottsman...) Of course they would have to undergo interviews to see what exactly they want their characters to do. And such a thing would have to be done either by someone else or by me after EVERYTHING else is done. In a few years at least.

[/crazy idea]

Back on topic, Zinno hasn't reported back at all, not even for a warning to say that he'd be gone for a while... Not sure if Hippeus is available yet so I suppose I'll have to contact him again. In the meantime I'm gunna continue plugging away at the entrance cell.

i would love to have lord chayification :P but if they agree maybe have them apear depending of you choices

For some reason the game is now deciding to crash when I go through the door that leads from Snowcrag Halls to Snowcrag Keep (A door that you have to go through for the precursor quest) with absolutely zero change on the CK side which means that the 1.7 patch broke it. I've tested it twice and it doesn't crash if you go from the keep to the halls - only if you go from the halls to the keep. It's the same door since before the patch and it worked before the patch... Any ideas on how to fix this rather annoying bug? Just to note - the only other mod I have active is the unofficial skyrim patch 1.05c that claims to be compatible with 1.6 and 1.7 and I honestly do not see how that mod is related to a repeatable bug that only appeared after the official patch. I've gone through the verification process already too.

EDIT: I updated the USKP to 1.1 and even remade both doors to and from snowcrag hall / keep and still nothing.

Note: I am not using a save but rather the skyrim default character... start up Skyrim and simply typed in coc snowcraghalls then use the door and it crashes during the load screen. If I were to type in coc snowcragMEntrance and use the door that leads to the halls, it loads up just fine and dumps me in the halls. Then turning around to use the door I just came from, it crashes during the loading screen again.

Edited by Budz42

So sorry- wasn't able to get to a computer for awhile, and I was detained by the world in Alberta. On the plus side- the Rocky Mountains and the surrounding forests were very inspirational when it came to thinking up things for Skyrim :P, my daydreaming engine was working overtime! Just settled back in, so don't expect anything for a few days, but I will get back to work ASAP

Zinno! Oh thank Talos you haven't left... Please, please, just tell me if you're going on a vacation or something - a warning is all I need so I don't freak out over who's doing what. As I said before, it's fine if there isn't progress as this is but a hobby, but for the love of Talos let someone know if you're not going to have access to the internet for an extended period of time. But alas you are back and haven't left.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so after playing through parts of Dawnguard with insane crashes and anger over unused scripts that didn't let me play freely (When I want to enjoy my game I tend to go crazy with testing out other mods). And have also been watching play throughs, etc... Anyway, after looking at the new perks system, I thought I should just clean up what I started with this mod's perks. I had the pieces but I didn't fit them together - until now. I redesigned the perk tree and will fit it (hopefully) into its own Dovah perk window. This however does have to be looked through more carefully. Last time I checked was back in 1.6 when the vampire perk value was first created. Regardless, I'll try to get the perk window in one way or another.

Below is the concept image of the redesigned Dovah perk tree, I've kept quite a few perk names, but what they do will most likely change. As it is insanely late here, I'll fill in what the perks actually do tomorrow.

DovahPerks.png

Okay, so after playing through parts of Dawnguard with insane crashes and anger over unused scripts that didn't let me play freely (When I want to enjoy my game I tend to go crazy with testing out other mods). And have also been watching play throughs, etc... Anyway, after looking at the new perks system, I thought I should just clean up what I started with this mod's perks. I had the pieces but I didn't fit them together - until now. I redesigned the perk tree and will fit it (hopefully) into its own Dovah perk window. This however does have to be looked through more carefully. Last time I checked was back in 1.6 when the vampire perk value was first created. Regardless, I'll try to get the perk window in one way or another.

Below is the concept image of the redesigned Dovah perk tree, I've kept quite a few perk names, but what they do will most likely change. As it is insanely late here, I'll fill in what the perks actually do tomorrow.

DovahPerks.png

Looks good! Speaking of Dawnguard, well to those who played it, I know for a fact the player can get another dragon as a companion. I just thought of perhaps tying that into the Path story in a sense of allowing to recruit that dragon into the Order if the player has the Dawnguard expansion. Also there is those deep-sea dragons that bursts out of the ice, which I think the player would be able to recruit them too if they have the expansion.