Any Dwemer actually in the game?

Guy97

We have ruins, great ones, I have explored a few, but I was wondering if there are any living dwemer in this? Has anyone came across any? Plus, has anyone found any books written by the dwemer in their ruins, or anything hinting at where they went?

We have ruins, great ones, I have explored a few, but I was wondering if there are any living dwemer in this? Has anyone came across any? Plus, has anyone found any books written by the dwemer in their ruins, or anything hinting at where they went?

The Dwemer inexplicably disappeared during the Battle of Red Mountain, during the War of the First Council. The Tonal Architect Lord Kagrenac constructed Kagrenac's Tools to harness the powers of the Heart of Lorkhan. His aims remain unclear, but it is believed he sought to heighten his race to Anumidum. The disappearance of a whole race in a flash sparked many theories, but is thought to have followed this attempt to use the tools on the heart, to make a superweapon, or to make their race immortal,[3][4] and simply coincided[5] with the war.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer

So basically no there are no Dwarves in the game just their machines and ruins and undead because the whole living race disappeared into nothingness.

Edited by peteed1985

In Morrowind you have the esteemed honor of meeting the last living Dwemer. His name is Yagrim Bagrim, and he is a rather deformed individual who uses a Centurian Spider to get around. There is a quest in the game to descover what happened tot eh Dwemer, and if you use him to translate the books you find (As opposed to the other guy) he essentially tesll you that the attempt to use the Heart of Lorkhan resulted in a massive magical backlash that effected the entire race. He was spared becayse he was wandering teh outer planes at the time. He's unsure if the backlash destroyed the Dwemer completely, or if it transported them to a place far beyond the known planes, but either way, they are long, long gone.

The last living one was Yagrum Bagarn who you came across during Morrowinds main quest, I doubt he's still around given his health and the events in Vvardenfell.

One of the characteristics of Corpus Disease was near agelessness, so he could still be around. I mean, he was thousands of years old by Morrowind. On that note, assuming he didn't die on the voyage/in Akivir, the Neravarine is still alive too.

Edited by Lachdonin

The Dwemer inexplicably disappeared during the Battle of Red Mountain, during the War of the First Council. The Tonal Architect Lord Kagrenac constructed Kagrenac's Tools to harness the powers of the Heart of Lorkhan. His aims remain unclear, but it is believed he sought to heighten his race to Anumidum. The disappearance of a whole race in a flash sparked many theories, but is thought to have followed this attempt to use the tools on the heart, to make a superweapon, or to make their race immortal,[3][4] and simply coincided[5] with the war.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer

So basically no there are no Dwarves in the game just their machines and ruins and undead because the whole living race disappeared into nothingness.

Actually, I'm somewhat sure that I heard there was a single Dwemer left? Or something like that. Unless I'm nuts.

Edit: Someone beat me to it above. :)

Edited by chrismgtis