Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

Ok so i had the same problem as most people did which is that they added the bEnableFileSelection=1 into the[LAUNCHER} segment in my skyrimprefs.ini and it didnt work. But it turned out that for some reason I had TWO [LAUNCHER] segments so anyone still having any problem CRTL+F in notepad to find the word launcher. select up and then select down to make sure you ve scanned it all and make sure you dont have two [LAUNCHER] segments. What I did from there is deleted one of them, added the bEnableFileSelection=1 to the [LAUNCHER} segment i kept and it fixed it. Hopes this helps!

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bEnableFileSelection=1

Edited by speeddrmmr12000

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try setting the option to " 0 " and then loading the launcher. While the launcher is loaded, change it back to " 1 " and save the file. Then close the launcher, and then reopen it. Might work, might not. Let's hope?

Dude thank you so much it worked!

Nope.. Still doesn't work for me.

@guard: Did you realize that being the administrator and running a program as administrator are actually 2 completely different things? You MUST! have both to make changes.

Just being the Administrator, and being logged in as the administrator still does not allow a program to be run with administrator privileges (thanks for this bit of mass confusion Microsoft)

First, you must be logged in as an administrator or this won't work.

In the Windows file system, navigate to the game folder, (Where you installed the game you want to do this for)

right click on the game exe file.

in the drop down menu, click on 'Properties'

In the properties menu, look at the top and click on the 'Compatibility' tab.

In the Properties menu click on the 'Run this program as an administrator' box.

You may have to do this for NMM and other programs such as SKSE as well.

This works for any program that you want to run 'with Administrator Privileges ' Meaning it will be allowed to do some things that are normally blocked by the Windows paranoia program (UAC)

And, be sure to SAVE your changes before closing the editor. :thumbsup:

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

omg thanks so much it worked !

@guard: Did you realize that being the administrator and running a program as administrator are actually 2 completely different things? You MUST! have both to make changes.

Just being the Administrator, and being logged in as the administrator still does not allow a program to be run with administrator privileges (thanks for this bit of mass confusion Microsoft)

First, you must be logged in as an administrator or this won't work.

In the Windows file system, navigate to the game folder, (Where you installed the game you want to do this for)

right click on the game exe file.

in the drop down menu, click on 'Properties'

In the properties menu, look at the top and click on the 'Compatibility' tab.

In the Properties menu click on the 'Run this program as an administrator' box.

You may have to do this for NMM and other programs such as SKSE as well.

This works for any program that you want to run 'with Administrator Privileges ' Meaning it will be allowed to do some things that are normally blocked by the Windows paranoia program (UAC)

And, be sure to SAVE your changes before closing the editor. :thumbsup:

Well... I did everything you said but, unfortunately nothing changed. I still get the same problem. Just at thought though, whenever I try and make changers to the launcher, like switching High Texture quality to Ultra High, it decides to revert BACK to High Texture quality. Could this be causing my problem?

I know now! For some reason I have My Documents in the network drive! For some reason, it won't read it! I found the skyrim folder there but it's reading it from Appdata instead! I may have found a solution, I just need to get my computer to start reading from my network drive instead of my Appdata. I found this out when I wanted to play a mod on C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, but found out that all my mods were gone. I looked in everywhere and found them in the network drive, not being read.