⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i mentioned in the reply above, im having the same issue. also, i dont know if this matters at all, but under the Kyrimprefs, my launcher code is all the way at the bottom. Im not sure if placement matters for this particular issue or not, but i thought id bring it up. im also having the 'access denied' problem as well. this blows monkey chunks.

i also forgot to mention that my launcher code only contains the 'bEnableFileSelection=1', and nothing else. im pretty sure that covers everything now.

you are looking in the wrong directory.

go to documents and search for "my games" it should have a skyrim folder inside.

In that folder is the skyrimprefs file you need to edit.

For people who are having problems editing the file the folder may be hidden (it was for me for some reason). It wasn't enough to unhide it, i had to set the permissions for my user too full first (it was on read and execute only). Now the file you want to be editing isn't the one in the main skyrim directly as has been addressed previously but having the folder set to read only will give you trouble when modding anyhow.

Hope this help some of you, this game is awesome but unplayable imo without mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

im having the same problem. nothing seems to work

I have windows 7 and it worked like a charm for me. Be wary though there are 2 Skyrimprefs.ini files and they are different, one is in the installation folder/Skyrim and the other is in My documents/my games/skyrim

You have to change it in the My documents folder

Ooooooh... That's why, THX!