hello ive been doing exacly what all of you had said and it still dose NOT work

it looks like this

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

i even put it in compatibility mode and it still didnt work >:|

can anyone help...

Alright, so there are multiple ways to proceed with this.

1: Make sure you aren't modifying the installation folder's SkyrimPrefs.ini but rather the one located in "My Documents" or just "Documents".

1a: Make sure you HAVE a My Documents folder, because if you don't then Skyrim will fail to launch any mods or none at all.

2: If the problem persists, then check your SkyrimPrefs.ini for any repeat [Launcher] segments, as this will cancel each other out and most likely won't launch any mods.

3: If the problem persists even more, quite persistent, then go to steam and right click Skyrim, then click on "Verify Files Integrity" or something like that. What that will do, is verify if your files are corrupted or not, and if they are then it will redownload the missing ones or the corrupted ones.

Alright, so there are multiple ways to proceed with this.

1: Make sure you aren't modifying the installation folder's SkyrimPrefs.ini but rather the one located in "My Documents" or just "Documents".

1a: Make sure you HAVE a My Documents folder, because if you don't then Skyrim will fail to launch any mods or none at all.

2: If the problem persists, then check your SkyrimPrefs.ini for any repeat [Launcher] segments, as this will cancel each other out and most likely won't launch any mods.

3: If the problem persists even more, quite persistent, then go to steam and right click Skyrim, then click on "Verify Files Integrity" or something like that. What that will do, is verify if your files are corrupted or not, and if they are then it will redownload the missing ones or the corrupted ones.

i got it :D lol i went to both the one in the game folder it self and the one in "my document" and put the [Launcher] segment on the top of the list lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

worked for me!!!! thanks!