Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why is because you are most likely changing it in your C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim but you need to go into your documents, my games, skyrim, and then change that skyrimprefs.exe instead of the one in your Program files under where it says [launcher] put bEnableFileSelection=1

• 4 weeks later...

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

you're a life saver! thanks!

The reason why is because you are most likely changing it in your C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim but you need to go into your documents, my games, skyrim, and then change that skyrimprefs.exe instead of the one in your Program files under where it says [launcher] put bEnableFileSelection=1

^^ only pirates have Skyrim installed to that folder :pirate:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man i wound give up, but afther i see: ''NOT THE INSTALLATION FOLDER. It is the same folder that you store your game saves.''.

I could see how I am blind HAHAHAHA.

Sorry for my grammar im brazilian.

thanx worked for me to

Man i wound give up, but afther i see: ''NOT THE INSTALLATION FOLDER. It is the same folder that you store your game saves.''.

I could see how I am blind HAHAHAHA.

Sorry for my grammar im brazilian.

thanx worked for me to

note the skyrim saves are in documents/my games/skyrim

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I know this thread is 2 years old but hey I've got the 'data files' option enabled if that's what you're looking for...

basically:

1. locate the skyrimprefs.ini file (default: Documents\My games\Skyrim)

NOTE: There is another skyrimprefs.ini in the install directory but that is the wrong one

2. open it up with notepad

3. hold 'Ctrl' and press 'f' - the search function should come up

4. type in Launcher and press enter. the header: '[Launcher]' (without quote marks) should show up.

5. exit the search menu and UNDER the header copy ad paste:

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bLoadLooseFiles=1

OVER the existing text that is already there.

6. The 'Data Files' option when you open SkyrimLauncher.exe should now be accessible and mods can be installed.

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

I think you should creat a new file and change the extension to ini and then replace the old "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file. That should fix the access denied in most case. Good luck and have a fun game. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I tried this deleted the file and now it says I don't have permission to save in that file location