The true way to play this game

antonkr

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that sounds awesome.

But- have you ever stayed awake for 3 days, without caffeine, while running and steeling spoons/ Lidia's Armour all day?

It's easier said than done!

Never have but I am not dragonborn either :biggrin:

Hey antonkr,

I like this idea!

Im going to be doing a let's play where I go until I die on master difficulty. Ive died twice without making it far enough to bother uploading, but will persist with it. I love this game so why not.

So far, difficulty wise, its on master of course. Ive also used mods to disable crosshair, sneak crosshair, which definitly adds to immersion.

The other mod I have is daily respawn, which makes it more difficult by having to constantly fight things.

I will remove the HUD next, but I think I will still use the ingame map. I'll just use the map sparingly so I rely on navigation skills more so than the map.

What about enchanting? I _probably_ wont be using enchanting (just smithing, found and store bought items) because Id likely abuse it. Do you propose no enchanting at all, or just limiting its use in some way?

And what about fast travelling to the inside/outside of a town? Like say I just want to leave the town quickly so I choose to fast-travel to its stables area? I think thats okay because there wouldnt be any enemies/threats on the way. Its obviously not the same as fast-travelling from Whiterun to Markarth.

The big problem is that the game doesn't give you precise indications during quests. It's go there and fetch that but without marlers you may end up looking for that thing for ages. It's ironic but this can work once you know the game inside out which ruins the purpose of the challenge.

It's not a bad idea but it's certainly not how the game was meant to be played.

You clearly have NOT played Morrowind, and if you have, you didn't play very long, this is exactly how Morrowind is, and how i love to play, i myself HATE being spoon fed the information and having my hand held the entire time, i love how on certain quests or areas you're told about, it has taken me a long time to find, it adds to the immersion and makes myself feel better when i have done something instead of, hey go here talk to this person and carry their sweet roll over to that farmer, and the whole time this is going on, i have a big ass white marker over their head or location when it's say, across a river or crop field. Overall feels much better to not have easy mode on and feel like an idiot like the game developers think we are as paying customer's....i mean ok wtf? o_O

I think an "Immersion" Mod that integrated some of this features would be great (i.e. no fast traveling, only by carriage to major cities, required to sleep/eat, etc.). Would really help make it a bit more deep and satisfying.

already in the works