Beth messed up our elves!

Lehcar

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks horrible.... looks like she is ready to enter a beauty pageant and doesnt even look like an elf....

Trollolol.... you must have spent a lot of time thinking that bit of trollspeak up.

I like her, which is what counts. She has lovely pointy ears. And I was illustrating what it was possible to do with the better face sliders in Oblivion.

Now this from bpestilence I find baffling;-

"Any of the other mer and beast races that survive in Skyrim would have to be especially cold-hardened versions of their peoples. Read: ugly."

And why would that be? In actual fact I have known a number of Nordic people in real life, some of whom were Swedes from very close to the Arctic Circle, and they tend to be remarkably clear skinned and retain their youthful looks - I believe the Swedes are the longest lived nation in Europe. It is the sun in hotter climes that damages skin the most. So there is no real reason why Skyrim folk should be especially wizened, particularly the elves who have such a long life span and would, I assume, age slower.

There's a difference between just saying what's on one's mind and trolling...just because the recipient doesn't like what was said doesn't make it trolling. That elf is honestly uber ugly...but...all of the characters in Oblivion are ugly. No amount of makeup or modding could fix it.

I for one love the look of the elves now except the ones that Bethesda designed, npcs. Haven't seen one male elf in the game that I think looks attractive. I think they could have done a much better job with their character creator. I just created a very nice looking high elf just for fun. I like dark elves and Bretons the best. They are the best of the elven and human worlds. Edited by sevalaricgirl

People nostalgia too much with their pretty mods in Oblivion. The default elves look like -insert asterisks- in Oblivion. The Skyrim ones follow the lore (Beth lore, as well as Elf lore) - and they don't even look bad =/

High Elves always have the much more slender face with high cheek bones and defined noses.

Drow are suppose to have the more defined bone structure, gaunt faces, the high brow line for a their eyes (So they can see underground - where they live)

Wood Elves are much like High Elves, but with a more natural (Literally; they remind me of fairies) feel to them - Wonder why that is?!

As for fair skin - no one has fair skin in Skyrim...so better off complaining about every race and not just Mer.

-Also, Orcs look fine in Skyrim too. Don't forget about the Orcs; they're 'Elves' too in TES.

There are no Drow in TES, there's Dark Elves, who look quite similar, but they do not live underground...

I wasn't complaining about the shape of the elf faces; mostly just the "extras" they tacked on for no reason, namely the Klingon ridges and wrinkles. That's just too much.

Edited by Lehcar

I don't understand the big fuss over the elves. Personally, I reckon that they have improved greatly. The differences between elves and humans is way better now that the heads look completely different.

I can understand why some people are annoyed by this is because of some Oblivion mods. Yeah, I downloaded some of those elven mods for Oblivion and they were perfect, just what I'd expect for an elf... only from LOTR.

Skyrim's elves are different, because it is TES. I think what has been done is excellent. Either way, mods will come out to fix them and mods will come out with new races.

There are no Drow in TES, there's Dark Elves, who look quite similar, but they do not live underground...

I wasn't complaining about the shape of the elf faces; mostly just the "extras" they tacked on for no reason, namely the Klingon ridges and wrinkles. That's just too much.

First off, again, there is NOTHING klingon about the Elves in this game. Have you guys even watched Star Trek? The vertically drawn brows are characteristic of Romulans, there is nothing even approaching a brow ridge in Skyrim, not even on the Argonians.

Second, the Dunmer have almost no similarities, physically with Drow. Drow are known for their soft, entrancing features which are very much a counter to the cold murderous spirits. Dunmer may share the 'common name' with the Drow, but Dunmer are supposed to have rugged, often craggy features, constant scowls, and a generally rough exterior to go with their rough interior... The correlation between Drow and Dunmber just doesn't exist beyond the red eyes.