Beth messed up our elves!

Lehcar

I can't see the beauty anyway, they still look really ugly to me and I am trying to be constructive in my critism! :armscrossed:

I think the uglyness comes mostly from Bethesda's characteristicly poor texturing. I'd like to see some of the obviously tallented artists who frequent the Nexus tackle the project of making new textures for the Elves without changing the asthetic. As it is, all i've seen are attempts to make super models and pin-up girls...

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the beauty anyway, they still look really ugly to me and I am trying to be constructive in my critism! :armscrossed:

I think the uglyness comes mostly from Bethesda's characteristicly poor texturing. I'd like to see some of the obviously tallented artists who frequent the Nexus tackle the project of making new textures for the Elves without changing the asthetic. As it is, all i've seen are attempts to make super models and pin-up girls...

Agreed, it will be interesting to see what can be done to improve them, ftr I don't want them to be really pretty either just more distict and a little more attractive to look at.

They differences are blatantly obviousl.. :wallbash: Dirty brown skin colour? Okay.... now you've lost me..

This is madness! Are you blind or am I? I can't tell anymore, am I going mad? They look dirty to me!

:wacko:

Edited by Astaril

They differences are blatantly obviousl.. :wallbash: Dirty brown skin colour? Okay.... now you've lost me..

The problem is, if you take away the colour, the differance aren't so blatant. Thats the whole point. The main differance between Altmer and Bosmer lie in the asethetic, not the shape. Darker skin and wild hair styles mark the Bosmer, asside from being the shortest race of course. Physically, the real only differance between the two is the fact that, generally, Altmer have sharper noses and Bosmer have more of a slant to their eyes.

The problem is, if you take away the colour, the differance aren't so blatant. Thats the whole point. The main differance between Altmer and Bosmer lie in the asethetic, not the shape. Darker skin and wild hair styles mark the Bosmer, asside from being the shortest race of course. Physically, the real only differance between the two is the fact that, generally, Altmer have sharper noses and Bosmer have more of a slant to their eyes.

The differences are very clear. They have different facial shapes. Even their ears are different.

The differences are very clear. They have different facial shapes. Even their ears are different.

I just think that they are not! but I am going to give you kudos because I never met anyone so passionate about Altmer like EVER! and I love this! :woot:

I may have had a little too much wine...

I just think that they are not! but I am going to give you kudos because I never met anyone so passionate about Altmer like EVER! and I love this! :woot:

Well, I do get told I get quite passionate about things that I love :D

I personally think that the Wood Elves look great. Much better than they did in Oblivion. In Oblivion most of them looked like they were overweight or just misshapen in general. The Dunmer look like how they did in Morrowind, which I love but the Altmer, really need to go back to the pretty-boy look. Maybe it's just me but whenever I hear Altmer or High-Elf I think of someone who is extremely vain and self-centered. Not that many ugly people are vain, I would know, I am not that fetching. lol But seriously, the Altmer should be extremely fair-looking and not the a fore mentioned Klingon/Vulcan hybrids.