Dragon Soul not absorbed?

SecretChief1

I encountered the Blood Dragon at Saathal and after a mighty battle it rose into the sky to flee. I drew my bow, aimed high, and shot it, Bard Of Dale style, right in the stinky draconic armpit. The mighty dragon crashed to earth like a falling meteor and I rushed forward, eagre to make some more Dragon armour(if you don't have either Glass, Ebony, or Dragon armour yet you're missing out on some gorgeous gear, Glass especialy, pure Malachite FTW) but as it landed with a thunderous crash I knew something was wrong. Instead of bursting into flame in an eructation for pure draconic hate, it's mangled corpse just lay in the snow, upside down, and grinning like a simpleton. As I stepped close and gave it a punch in the face for wasting my time, I realised it had no soul to give. leaning closer, I saw it, the cause of the abomination-the red fur that sprouted from it's pate. :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Weasley-dragons: totaly useless

had the same problem i think it is a case of you already having its soul ,its happened 3 times to me and each time its been at the same spot of a previous dragon kill ,one screeny i took shows a dragon skeleton and just down from it theres a dead dragon body,

• 4 months later...
There is a glitched dragon script. It usually (not always) is a dragon called..... Dragon. Its a random spawn critter, but, can be other types. There is nothing wrong with your system or load. Its just a badly coded dragon. It happens across all Skyrim loads and ports. (PC, XBOX, PS)

Not quite the same topic, a couple of weeks ago (after updating to version 1.4.wotnot) my son was wandering around and came across a dragon skeleton (not too uncommon) .. but then he started absorbing the dragon soul (??) .. followed by the skeleton springing to life and attacking him !!

Picture battling a now soulless dragon skeleton ... that appeared to be immune to damage.

After a while he decided it was easier to just run away.

((Tried taking some screen shots while he was fighting it, so should look to see what we got))

I heard something about this, maybe it's because you're killing the same dragon twice? Or maybe that particular dragon just didn't have a soul?

Yep, I just killed 2 dragons in the same place for the jar l of Riften and it didn't burn the 2nd time. Haven't collected the bounty for the 2nd round yet ...

I had a couple of them do this and I noticed that it never stopped twitching just a little bit. The script for the dragon may need the dragon to come to a full stop before it burns and if the dragon lands somewhere that it glitches and keeps twitching(no matter how small a twitch) it will not complete and let you absorb the soul.