Project Cyrodiil: How and Why

IQ88

Destroyed? Why not ... Something more, like bigger more developed cities and stuff like that?

The Thalmor invasion was recent. They actually took Cyrodiil for a while, but the emperor and some men managed to get out. They got their men from Hammerfell back and managed to take back the Imperial City.

And any logic would say war/invasion = bad condition.

I tend to get the impression the Thalmor would carry out a pretty 'clean' war, if anyone would it's them. I imagine their troops would have been trained to fight quickly and skillfully, I expect the damage would be no where as bad had, say, the invasion been by Orcs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Siege of the Imperial City, 4E 174.[28] Lord Naarifin's Aldmeri army surrounds the Imperial City. Titus II breaks through the perimeter with his main army and flees north to Skyrim to join with reinforcements under General Jonna. The Imperial City soon falls and is sacked by the invaders. The Imperial Palace is burned, White-Gold Tower is looted, and the Aldmeri commit many atrocities among the city's populace."

"Battle of the Red Ring, 4E 175.[28] Titus II splits his remaining forces into three hosts that surround the occupied Imperial City. After a long, bloody battle, the Aldmeri army in Cyrodiil is utterly destroyed and the Imperial City recaptured. Lord Naarifin is hanged from the top of White-Gold Tower and kept alive for thirty-three days. Despite the resounding victory, Titus II realizes that the Empire is too exhausted to continue fighting. Titus negotiates with the Thalmor and signs the White-Gold Concordat, a treaty that gives the Thalmor free rein to stamp out the worship of Talos in Tamriel, disbands the Blades, and cedes a large part of southern Hammerfell to the Aldmeri Dominion. Critics note that the terms of the Concordat are almost identical to those of the original ultimatum presented by the Thalmor prior to the war."

Thats from UESPWiki.

Does it sound like a clean war to you?

I am all for an act of piracy and stealing The Elder Scrolls Tamriel from Bethesda... its just a funny thought 'those who try to go console will be punished, *resounding evil laugh*' ;)

as the war in the northern regions progresses, the other regions go into civil wars too...

Most are on the side of the imperium but many especially the lowe middleclass, the criminals and a few highranking people want to detach and become sovereign again...

But this is waaay too big a project to even want to do it right?

...and, don't forget...Altmer ploting down in Tamriel for Thalmor side....possibilities are endless: Cheydinhal Dunmers rebbeling against Imperia to reinstall slavery and Old Morrowindian lore and famous houses ...