News on skyim creation kit.

boomnuke35

This is talk about the creation kit for skyrim. For now itll have to be about a relase date for it. Which by the way does anybody have any idea when? I hear this will be more user friendly than the creation kits for oblivion and the fallouts. Feel free to post any information about it even after it comes out.

The kit will be released in January as stated here

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Steam is being Integrated with the creation kit now mods will be there too. Where will you put your mods?

Edited by boomnuke35

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling it may be related to the upcoming patch, which is going to be sometime after thanksgiving weekend so ~1 week.

If not, then they'll release it standalone, which means it'll be god knows when. I've heard say that Bethesda is working on a modding system for consoles too, so I sincerely hope they don't string us along for a few months and only release the CK when that is ready. That would be quite a slap in the face.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if they release the Skyrim patch and THEN the Creation Kit...which will only work with the patched version...thus leaving most of the pirates out in the cold. LOL

As for the Creation Set being more "user friendly", I just hope that doesn't mean "stripped down"...

Yeah, me too, i really dont want it having less flexability, jsut so more people can mod easier. If you cant understand it in a few days of using it, you shouldn't be using it to mod at all. :P

Yeah, well, if a game is created by man with code and protected with code, the game can then be rewritten with that same code, by man, to undo it. Just how it is.

As for the release, i would honestly bet money it would be with this next patch. As all they said was they hit a few hickups with it, not being able to be realeased on the game release date, meaning it should've taken only this long to fix it.

Their thoughts are, stablise the game more, and release the kit, is what i would think.

Just wait till the 24th and we'll find out hey. :)

Edited by Unleashin

I'm just hoping that that the reason they haven't released it yet isn't because they have some deal with Microsoft to wait, because the creation kit is what makes pc triumph over console. Edited by boomnuke35