Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

I modded nothing. In fact, I haven't been able to get the patch. The launcher doesn't launch from desktop, .exe, or within Steam.. I can't get into the game, online or offline.

Or...perhaps I had Steam opened and it updated itself. But why can't I launch the game? I have a retail disk.

Edited by AbleGnome

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This update hasn't replaced my TEV.exe, it's just got rid of it completely. So now clicking 'Play' on the launcher opens another launcher :/

Verify the files through Steam, Right click on game in library >properties>local files>Verify integrity of game cache.

I learned that the hard way with FNV:

-Always keep Steam offline.

-Only go online when you want to patch your game.

-Never patch your game until you know for sure your favourite mods are going to work with the new patch.

And of course backing up your exe is never a bad idea. A crappy patch may fix a few bugs but most of the time it's not worth giving up on many good mods that make the game much more enjoyable/playable.

Yes I tried verifying integrity of game cache on steam and it didn't work.

You're not alone, some others have the same issue over on the official forums, apart from a reinstall I don't know what else to suggest.

This is exactly why no one wanted Steam apart of Skyrim, and why I was so pissed off on launch day when I saw this. For you're run-of-the-mill game Steam is perfectly fine, and in some cases desired, but for a game like Skyrim (i need not go into details why) its nothing more than a big pain in the ass. If nothing else Steam could have been left as an option.

i'm not having any crash problems but i'm utterly PISSED I got my hopes up thinking it would fix glitches rebalence thing and maybe fix the down falls of the game and it fixes grass angle and tree trunk hue???? "here at betheda we try as hard a as hell to patch seemingly useless things that no one cared about and laugh at people who can't start there game".....

It's already been said that the actual patch is being released a week after Thanksgiving. This "patch" has nothing to do with it.

Yes I tried verifying integrity of game cache on steam and it didn't work.

You're not alone, some others have the same issue over on the official forums, apart from a reinstall I don't know what else to suggest.

At the moment i've just disconnected from steam and downloaded an old TESV.exe from another forum. Sounds like I don't want the patch anyway :P