Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

Yup, all the DRM does is make problems for people who actually bought the game. People who use the "Try Before You Buy" method will still have all the patches later on, minus the problematic DRMs. I really wonder why they even bother with DRMs at all when it only really affects people who already paid for the game, and very negatively at that. I think they need to concentrate more on fixing bugs and glitches instead of "strengthening" an already non-existent wall.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@elvinkun & @Thepal

Skyrim is now pretty much the same as NV. We already got a statement of the developers of the script extender that it works the same way. Also the FNV4GB is already patched for Skyrim (needs a little bit of cleanup accoding to the author in the Bethesda Thread) and works perfect here on my machine.

Still what a dumb move from Bethesda to do this. The FO3 solution (open TESV.exe and protected launcher) was the most comfortable for the paying user and still contained a kind of DRM. Now it's again a pain to mod for me for this game because of this slow and unstable steam crap.

Mine hasn''t been updated yet. How do I make sure I make it stays that way?

Use a good software firewall (not Microsofts toy) and block steam or stay completely off the net ( pull the plug ;) ). This update is forced on you by steam so disabling updating or the false "offline" mode in steam doesn't help. One more reason why I hate this Spy & Nagware.

Edited by sesom

Well this isn't good at all. Hopefully bethesda will realize that this might not have been the best idea and unmake it so.

Remember, this is bethesda. They give us construction sets and all that.

They're not entirely unreasonable.

I'm going to make a post about this on their board however. Not pleased.

DRM is a minor issue... compared to my stability!! I'm going to vanilla it up and see if it is still unstable. If so, they have done a bad decision!

Edited by Ultimatepurge

Just had a random crash not even 20 minutes into the game and I don't even have that LAA mod or whatever its called. Can someone confirm that if we revert to the *OLDER* Skyrim.exe that it will run smoothly again? If so, where can we find the older Skyrim.exe file? Link?

@isamu99

If you have made any ini changes you have to make them again and protect your ini files (read only). The (not working) steam DRM forces you to use the launcher and this one changes your ini settings back to default which can be the cause for your crashes.

Just had a random crash not even 20 minutes into the game and I don't even have that LAA mod or whatever its called. Can someone confirm that if we revert to the *OLDER* Skyrim.exe that it will run smoothly again? If so, where can we find the older Skyrim.exe file? Link?

LAA is supposed to help stop crashes, not cause them. The old Skyrim exe probably will crash just as much as the new one. You just can't use the LAA mod on the new version (therefore people are using the old version and LAA).

DRM is a minor issue... compared to my stability!! I'm going to vanilla it up and see if it is still unstable. If so, they have done a bad decision!

...And you can't fix the stability thanks to DRM... So it's not a minor issu, it's THE issue :tongue:

If it at least worked, would feel a bit like a justice.

But yeah, as S. said, people are finding away around already, and with a little bit of luck, in a day or two, there will be stable workaround (the FNV one doesn't really work for me).

What makes me so angry is that we SHOULDN'T be forced to baypass patches and fight with Steam on legal copies.

Edited by elvinkun