Vault-Tec Workshop DLC Is Out - First Impressions

RaffTheSweetling

My early two-cents:

So far I'm fairly underwhelmed by this DLC. The chronic hand-holding of the "quest", and the below-average voice acting of the Overseer, coupled with the idea that the Overseer has been underground for 200 years and when given a chance to get out, literally all she wants to do is stay put and get to work carrying-out "zany experiments" on settlers, has left a lot to be desired.

It seems little more than a quick slap-dash quest added to the premise of "vault set tiles are now in the workshop build-menu", which is confined to one location only in the entire game. Really lazy stuff.

What do you guys think?

EDIT - the play-area is massive though. There's no denying that.

Edited by RaffTheSweetling

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the theme building a vault? The quest is excepted to explain why you can suddenly can build one and run experiments. It was clear that it would hardly been even good in the first place.

In fact that is pretty much what Fallout 4 is: FALLOUT 4 Meets SIMS.

I wish, so we can have a better building system, more interactions with npcs, more crafting and skills that reflect the player build and rp, able to have way more stuff to do than the main quest, more player options etc.

Edited by Boombro

I wasnt really interested in this DLC from the beginning

first impression?

absolutely annoying and unnecessary quest

horrible voice acting (like so often in german, srsly i dont know why we r to stupid to do good voice acting, i just cant listen to this s#*!)

and really ... u can build a complete vault by ur own? ...

so i could do vault tecs job by myself?! ...

The beta testers have done a piss-poor job testing this. I found countless objects in the huge cavern which when removed cause occlusion culling issues. Removed some debris from the train tunnel - giant white occlusion plane. Removed some granite rock - giant white occlusion plane and fell outside the level. I am absolutely amazed. I play for an hour and find this stuff almost immediately. What the hell?

So far I'm not overly interested in it. My current quest objective is to go to a certain building for some chemicals. On this character I probably won't go any further. I re-sealed the vault and am doing other more interesting things.

I don't much like massive settlements. I would have preferred a pre-built empty vault without a quest-giver. If there's an option to overthrow the current overseer I might stick with it. I dunno. It hasn't drawn me in yet.

I just finished the "story". Bethesda, are you serious? 4 devices to do some "tests"? My expectations were low, but this is totally underwhelming.

Also, they forgot to implement the most important test to answer the question of life, universe and everything: How much Dinki-Di Ghoul Flavor get the Auto Butcher and Vault-Tec Food Processor out of Overseer Barstow?

http://i.imgur.com/Zq1ts0t.jpg