I am a cheater.

Stronglav

I play games for fun.Especially RPG games.

And I cheat.Why?Because its fun.Every enemy falls before me in seconds and

all followers love me almost instantly.

I have gazillion of all resources for building and everything else.

Its fun.

Player.setav endurance 98

So question is not about me but about you.

Will you agree with me that games need to be fun?

I agree with the sentiment that games need to be fun, which is why I am all for Optional Survival Mode, adjustable difficulty, and having multiple facets like the Shooter vs the Story vs the Settlement building. Though the community has an issue with letting people have fun their own way.

I say enter godmode and enable max level Dem Experts at level 1 and grab your infinite ammo Two-Shot instigating MIRV Fat Man and go to town buddy. The game is meant to be enjoyed as a sandbox and by joel you will enjoy your sandbox.

The one thing, I still find annoying is the Settlements and the WTF, attacks on them. I mean, seriously?

There is no Radio Relay for them to send messages to you to let them know they are under attack.

Sorry, that is simply not even, semi-sorta-kinda-maybe "immersive", it simply would NOT be possible to do: Period.

So yes, I cheat on that and give me what I need to build the Settlements, since I have no choice, as it has a 'cause/effect' on the Character.

I want to play the game, and babysitting a bunch of sniveling adults who 'can't get over themselves' and their "poor me" attitudes, is not / does not add enjoyment to the game. Simply put, it's annoying as hell.

So yes, I cheat on this one point of the game, because as you stated, I want the game to be fun and that part of it, simply is not even remotely fun. As I've stated in other posts, IF I want to play SIMS, which I do have, I will play that. I found that game to be boring and I've not touched it, as it failed to catch my attention. So it's a "dead" game in my library.

The one thing, I still find annoying is the Settlements and the WTF, attacks on them. I mean, seriously?

There is no Radio Relay for them to send messages to you to let them know they are under attack.

Sorry, that is simply not even, semi-sorta-kinda-maybe "immersive", it simply would NOT be possible to do: Period.

So yes, I cheat on that and give me what I need to build the Settlements, since I have no choice, as it has a 'cause/effect' on the Character.

I want to play the game, and babysitting a bunch of sniveling adults who 'can't get over themselves' and their "poor me" attitudes, is not / does not add enjoyment to the game. Simply put, it's annoying as hell.

So yes, I cheat on this one point of the game, because as you stated, I want the game to be fun and that part of it, simply is not even remotely fun. As I've stated in other posts, IF I want to play SIMS, which I do have, I will play that. I found that game to be boring and I've not touched it, as it failed to catch my attention. So it's a "dead" game in my library.

Settlers are bunch of whiney Anakins.We need this and we need that.

Seriously?Do I need to tell you a bedtime story too?

Obviously fun is something different to different people. I don't have any if I'm cheating since it takes the challenge out of my game.

I have challenges in real life.Thats enough for me.

Settlers are bunch of whiney Anakins.We need this and we need that.

Seriously?Do I need to tell you a bedtime story too?

Exactly - I draw the line at changing their diapers though. WILL NOT TOUCH THAT ONE!

As a gamer who was addicted to N64 and titles by Rareware once upon a - I agree : games need to be fun.

This game is almost never fun however, and I often find myself realising that the best and most enjoyable moments I experience playing FO4 are entirely due to my mod choices.

Last night I had a spectacular fight breakout around me and every single element that made it good was due to a mod. Enemies using Anti-tank guns, Arbitration making enemies from far and wide engage each other, Vivid Weathers filling the night skies with rad snow and fog, Super Mutant Redux adding Nightkin, etc etc.

Cheating doesn't come into my experience so much as I find even the Survival mode utterly game-for-a-child-like in simplicity with regards to scrounging and healing. Arbitration and other mods that add Traits and Perks made it harder but still not challenging, so for me it's clear that the Vanilla experience, at the end of the day, is more like natural yoghurt - tasteless, bland, pointless and forgettable.

Mods and cheats and whatever can make the game fun are absolutely needed.

I cheat my arse off! (Arse...yes i'm British, we don't say ass, deal with it)

I switched from console to pc gaming probably over 10 years ago, but i do think that it was then that i started cheating like a wh*re lol. It's just too easy!

Gonna be honest here...i do sometimes think that cheating takes away something from my experience of the game. Like, i've never really enjoyed a game like i did when i played on consoles. But then i think, well what is making me cheat? And i'm now starting to realize that it's the unnecessary restrictions that are placed into games for absolutely no reason (other than they were lazy) that make me do it! And that is what is making gaming no fun anymore.

A good example being....all this f*cking wood all over the wasteland...and i'm somehow short? FU Bethesda! I'll just give myself some and pretend i chopped down some god damn trees!

So in short....yeh....i have no problem cheating when game devs place such stupid restrictions and make the game no fun anymore. And not only do they make it no fun, but they make it nonsensical. So who is the cheaters here?

Edited by Puddycat

Cheating doesn't come into my experience so much as I find even the Survival mode utterly game-for-a-child-like in simplicity with regards to scrounging and healing.

Survival is entirely useless in my opinion. The only thing it does is turning the hordes into bullet sponges. So the only thing happening is that you have to pump ten times as many rounds into them. They don't smarten up on the way and so I can employ the same tactics on easy and survival.