I am a cheater.

Stronglav

I disagree. The game has its problems for sure, but there are plenty of times where it feels pretty damn epic to me. Like when you first leave Vault 111 and the main theme starts to play as you prepare to head back to the surface to avenge your spouse.

And right there and then it comes to a full stop, since you obviously can't carry through on the railroaded story until you did some serious level grinding.

That's not to say the game isn't fun. It is. Absolutely. But as with every other game, I refuse to call them art. They are an entertainment product, in the case of AAA titles with a large budget, aimed at a target audience and therefore following certain parameters to reach that economic goal. It's not on the same line as some artist being isnpired by an idea and going out to paint a picture, write a novel or a stage play.

All art is an entertainment product.

That's not to say the game isn't fun. It is. Absolutely. But as with every other game, I refuse to call them art.

Hey, I'm not saying FO4 is friggin' Hamlet. :tongue:

With a few exceptions, most games - despite their artistic pretensions - are entertainment and nothing more. All I'm saying is that I personally find FO4 very engaging, as I did Skyrim.

There are certain moments in the plot, helped by the big Hollywood-style soundtrack, that really get the adrenaline going.

Other times, the engagement comes from building a great settlement or instigating a great combat moment.

There's even an RPG aspect. Some people claim the RPG aspect is very limited. Now as someone who grew up playing old-school paper and dice games such as Rolemaster back in the '80s, I would agree - but only up to a point. If you use your imagination, are disciplined, and set certain parameters on your play-through, then there is some scope to roleplay your way through FO4. For instance, my last play-through I started off at level 181 plus all the skill points to spend (but then limited myself in terms of weapons and equipment). Guess what... It was the most fun but challenging playthroughs I've ever done. That's where the "cheating" really works - it allows you to define the game either through mods or console commands.

Now obviously, a lot of people will disagree. But as has been said several times on this thread already ... each to his / her own. :wink:

Edited by crawe1x

Only good thing this game has is side quests and some charachters.Thats it.

And I am a build maniac.

Main sotryline sucks so bad that my ten year old sister could've invent better one.

And she did.

Main sotryline sucks so bad that my ten year old sister could've invent better one.

Yeah, because it railroads you into a role you can never fulfill.. This klnd of story would have been a valid, but not very original, choice for an adventure, but not for an open world game.

You don't 'CHEAT'- by definition that is IMPOSSIBLE in a single player game. So why would you use such a childish and loaded word in the first place?

What you do is choose your own form of gaming experience- and because of profoundly childish concepts like 'ONLINE achievements', are forced to do so with mods, hacks and console commands. Good for you. BUT what you like (clearly vandalising the core gaming concept), you should NOT assume suits most other people.

Some people just like to break things- be stupid- do stupid things. And so long as all that doesn't wrongly impact another living entity, then who are we to judge. Just don't go looking for praise.

I am the biggest fan of the idea of "it's your single-player game, so play as you will", and sincerely desire all devs and publishers to give the player as much upfront control of their gaming experience as Humanly possible. NO FREEDOM should be compromised in the name of 'achievements' (and I LIKE achievements in some games, like the Batman ones, but only in so far as they enhance the gameplay experience). Indeed, having the option to play "stroll in the park" difficulty allows peeps with various forms of disability a chance to simply enjoy the visuals, atmosphere and story.

Freedom is valuable- but what you choose to do with your freedom may not be, and so what? So don't try to boast or seek approval when you apply freedom in your game.

Obviously fun is something different to different people. I don't have any if I'm cheating since it takes the challenge out of my game.

I have challenges in real life.Thats enough for me.

what challenge? =/

what a joke

what challenge? =/

Edited by thunderlord2200

in truth what you find fun is good for you. its very hard to find any fun in this game to the point i have started to give my self full stats at start up (not perks just stats) and also i gotten mods to make the un so interasting follower love store. anyone could make one better. i love making fun weapons. and im looking into makinf a mini nuke round blow as much as a normal sized one would. (im still trying to fig out how)

its very hard to have fun in a game even more lacking then NV and yet NV was better. it might of been a huge lifeless dust ball. but it mase alot of sence. its based as a cowboy shooter.... the world still seemed to have life and i did HAVE to hide even at top level from a walking famlly od death claws.. i miss that. i really miss feeling scared in a game of something in what was very painly hard to beat..

bk to this. i have starting to go down the cheating way just to make the game fun (even tho alot of what i do do make sence. like the other guy said HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW if a settlement is being attacked. theres no way. i never setted up a raidio station (would be a great mod. or idea the game dev would aff added with out making it a DLC...

what hurts me is i know the after effects of a nuke and boston dont look or feel like its been blasted like it showed from u going down into the vault...

i really hope they make a mod to add a new startinf point in the game even if u are playing as someone else. (or when the bomb fall ur still in the city and u have to fight to get out or w/e

The last time I cheated was in Morrowind. There was a mod giving you a million gold. I installed it, but being able to afford anything didn't do anything for me. I dropped the gold at the hallways of Vivec and never looked back.

That's why I previously said, fun is something different for different people. For me cheating the game is utterly boring.