crashing on load screen

joshwil

Have you verified your game cache?

Is your game video resolution set the same as your Window's Desktop video resolution?

Lots of times an error at the load screens means an issue with an esm but your load order appears to be ok.

Every time I've seen this problem, it is because the player has added a mod that requires a DLC they don't have. Did you add a mod right before this was happening? I know that seems obvious, but that is usually what causes a crash on load screen.

Every time I've seen this problem, it is because the player has added a mod that requires a DLC they don't have. Did you add a mod right before this was happening? I know that seems obvious, but that is usually what causes a crash on load screen.

But his/her load order shows all of the DLCs installed.

here is my load order and mods. ive tried disabling one by on. cant find the problem

For what it's worth my game Fallout 4 (Steam) game was running fine with all mods disabled on the 27th and now it does a CTD during the first black load screen even after deleting and reinstalling it. i had been previously running the beta version with over a hundred mods installed with no issues, but had disabled them temporarily to earn a few achievements without having to install the latest F4SE. So it might just be a Bethesda/Steam issue...

Edit: So, i fixed the issue using a simple "nuke it from orbit" approach and deleted "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout4" and "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Fallout4" then i reinstalled the game again. After that it ran fine.

Edited by NyxNoxNada

Does the OP have the Vault Tec DLC installed? If so, remove it via unchecking the box next to Vault Tec in Steam. I discovered an issue where the game would no longer load saves after hitting level 15+, which triggers the Automatron quest "Mechanical Menace". The issue of my saves not loading went away after removing the Vault Tec DLC from my list of installed content in Steam. I also removed the Contraptions DLC just to be safe since it also has a bunch of bugs/issues that have been reported on Bethesda.net. I believe there is a major conflict between the Vault Tec & Automatron DLCs that causes saves to not load/get corrupted, hence the CTD on load from the main menu with both DLCs installed. I'm not having any issues with Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, & Far Harbor installed together. Removing Vault Tec is something I strongly recommend since that may be what's causing your issue, especially if it was added mid-playthrough. I started a brand new game & still had the CTD on load with Vault Tec installed alongside Automatron. Removed Vault Tec & Contraptions (I don't use anything from Contraptions at all. Tried using the scaffolding from Contraptions & NPCs/companions/Provisioners would all get stuck trying to go underneath the scaffolding since Bethesda decided not to make the scaffolding tall enough for NPCs/Companions/Provisioners to pass under.) just to be safe & the issue went away. Of course I started a new playthrough without Vault Tec or Contraptions installed since scripts from those DLCs would end up baked into my saves. Hope this helps.