Annoying things

rebelscum

"Is that fur coming out of your ears?" I think this is intended as a slight to Nords, but doesn't make sense when uttered by a Stormcloak guard, which presumably would be a Nord, and they revere the Nord as well! Maybe if it was an imperial guard...

They say that if you're a werewolf.

I see. Well, my character was a werewolf, once, but was cured.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many essential characters. I walked into a town and started to open fire with my bow because, well, I had read that just randomly killing people could get the player a Dark Brotherhood invite, and I had already completed the quest to get the Dark Brotherhood invite and had waited a few days, but to no avail. So, I'm sneaking and shooting my arrows, doing 3x Sneak Attack damage to my victims, and it seemed like 50% of named characters were essential. That's just bloody annoying, particularly in a game where I'm supposed to be able to do anything.

Oblivion had a lot less essential characters. I guess because there is a thousand quests (seems like it) you need a protagonist for each one.

Talking of protagonists, Fralia Grey-Mane, the ugly old woman with the jewelry stand in the market in Whiterun. Started the conversation about her son and she asks you to follow her and meet at her home. Then she 'floats' off, yes not walking, her legs don't even move. Either she has learned to levitate or there is a glitch.

Edited by rebelscum

Has anyone mentioned horses? I red most of the posts, but besides mounted combat and I'm not even sure I red about it in this topic(I red to many posts/topics lately.. ), no one complained about them. Out of all the things you guys have been complaining about, I think horses are the worst part, simply becouse there's no need of them. Sure, they are cute, they look more natural than those plastic looking ones we had in Oblivion(remember the weird eyes?:facepalm:), but other than that, nothing. No first person, no mounted combat, no interaction what so ever when mounted, they're to slow, hard to control(mayby weird). The only reason they added horses I guess, is so that they can say in the trailer, look we have horses, cool huh? :rolleyes: Even so, I bought a horse for my second character, only becouse it's fun to ride(you gotta give'em some credit, becouse riding looks more natural, when they're not running) and enjoy the 3rd person view while you do it. Oh... and I just remembered, horses are a good distraction if you're fighting a dragon. It seems that most if not all of the dragons I've met, prefer fighting my horse, so I'm more of a spectator, one that shoots arrows without a care in the world. Also speeking of dragons, has anyone else noticed how distracted they are all the time? They'd rather fight every single creature that's near the player before they actualy charge the main threat, US! Edited by Pushkatu

The world doesn't really react to anything. So, I became the boss of the Dark Brotherhood. Big whoopdie-do. Guards tell me they know I'm with the DB, so they must know I'm a murderer (in game), yet make no attempts to arrest me. Likewise, both Maven Black-Briar and Morgan Frey tells me they have an arrangement with the Dark Brotherhood, yet I can't tell them, "That's the first I've heard about it", "Not anymore, you don't", or even, "About that arrangement..."

It's so annoying that when I do something and complete a quest, there's like, a superficial recognition of having completed it, but nobody actually reacts or cares.

The world doesn't really react to anything. So, I became the boss of the Dark Brotherhood. Big whoopdie-do.

Welcome to the biggest Bethesda weakness. This has been around since Morrowind and kept bothering me since Morrowind. Like, hey, I'm someone important, so please don't treat me as nobody.

I really hoped this would be different this time around, but nope.

I like their games and keep playing them, but this is really the biggest issue.

The world doesn't really react to anything. So, I became the boss of the Dark Brotherhood. Big whoopdie-do.

Welcome to the biggest Bethesda weakness. This has been around since Morrowind and kept bothering me since Morrowind. Like, hey, I'm someone important, so please don't treat me as nobody.

I really hoped this would be different this time around, but nope.

I like their games and keep playing them, but this is really the biggest issue.

Yeah, there's no gravitas in anything the player does, because, to the rest of the world, it won't matter. And that's just a major annoyance.

That, and being fined by the Dark Brotherhood for killing somebody. Sure, they're the client, but I've completed the job and gotten paid; surely I can kill such a client if I don't agree with their agenda.

Only minor stuff:

• 1# Dialogue selection: often you click one but the one above or below becomes active.

2# Storing alchemy ingrediences: when there are more then 5 to store it requires confirmation; if the next is below that limit and you are too fast then you eat it instead.

3# Quests/quest items: either won't update (for example inform "npc" that..... but no dialogue option) or items filling up your inventory.

4# Ugly NPCs: well, as usual a job for our modder artists ;)

5# Companion scripts: see 4#

Cheers Euclid

Edited by Euclid

I've definitely got a few complaints about this game. Nothing major... well I guess I can't say that. I rage every time one of these annoyances arises.

1. I joined the Legion, and I can wear my Legionnaire Armor ANYWHERE without repercussion. I walked into the Palace of Kings in Windhelm, and talked to Ulfric. Right to his face. In my uniform. He said nothing to me, no alarms were raised and I wasn't violently torn limb from limb in order to protect the "High King's" life. Also Stormcloak soldiers love talking crap about the Legion and the Empire to me, once again in uniform. Also when I'm running around any town (Solitude especially) and one of the guards or other Legionnaires says "Don't mess with me I am the law" or whatever I have to yell at the screen "NO I AM THE LAW!" Though I have to admit for one quest so far (don't worry I won't spoil anything) I actually was able to use my rank to get answers from a Legionnaire. I was all sorts of giddy over the fact that my membership was actually legitimate and meant something.

2. Horses. I bought a horse... because well that's what I do. I buy things. The horse worked out great, it was only ridden by a little old lady every Sundas to the temple and home again. However I didn't realize horses could fly. I find myself riding through the wilderness a lot. Out in the woods I find things like little hills, or rocks or tree stumps. I didn't realize these would pose such a huge threat to a horse. For some reason riding over these at a full gallop causes the horses to launch itself through the air as if it fell off of High Hrothgar. I've actually had a horse fall down a rather small hill in The Rift after riding over a rock. It hit the rock, extended all its legs flew forward, hit a tree flew up higher and fell forward a good 1/2 a mile from where I started. It hit the ground at the bottom of the hill (which in all reality was only 10 feet high) DIED and killed me too. I couldn't believe it. I still have trouble with it.

3. The cursor is just far to finicky. I find myself repeating conversations with NPCs just because I place the cursor over the topic I want, but the topic above or below it is still highlighted. I have to wiggle around a bit to get it just right. Also the white text for new topics compared to the light grey for already listened to topics and the slightly brighter white for whatever I'm highlighting is all far to similar. I sometimes have trouble discerning between a topic I've listened too or a new one.

4. Another annoyance? Well I hate loose ends, and I hate things that are hinted at me but only as filler or whatever. I'm unsure if this is possible yet or not, but I want to clean up Riften. I've heard talk from so many NPCs about how corrupt everything is and how some people came there to do just that and failed or gave up on life or whatever that awful city does to people. I get it, sure some things are out of your control and you can't clean up a corrupt city alone... or can you? Why not? I've conquered enemy strongholds, I've been sent into Vampire lairs alone or zombie infested catacombs to battle horrible extremely powerful entities, yet cleaning up corruption is out of my reach? Why? Is my character some sort of muscley idiot? He can't comprehend politics, only a sword? Well I'd like to think not.

5. My house in Whiterun. The damn fireplace is 5 feet away from the front door. I come home at a full sprint and find myself running through the fire place like some sort of coal walker. If it was in the back of the house or slightly smaller I'd have less minor things to gripe about. (Alright I admit it, the Legionnaire thing is pretty big in my book. I'd just like to be recognized as a soldier of the Empire, as someone who should be respected by some, hated by others and feared by all.)