BSN is shutting down; files there could be lost.

Tarshana

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an answer from a modder, giving me permission to reupload wherever (author doesn't seem to care too much). He has 27 projects, should I reupload them individually or in a group ? The latter is easier, obviously, but harder to find for users.

Ugh. 27? Which modder is this?

Nah, okay, it doesn't matter.

If there's that many individual projects, I'd say to have one Nexus page. Call it "ModderName's BSN Mods".

In the description, put a list of each project name, as stated on BSN. That way, if folks know the project name and randomly search Nexus, they should find it. From there, Upload each mod as a separate download. They'll probably have to go under Miscellaneous Files. If you can name them with the mod name, that would be helpful.

For the main file, I guess I'd say to zip up everything together, and use that as the main.

It's xDarkicex. He made a bunch of retextures (not high quality, just increase contrast and change colors, but I'm not here to judge). The problem with one Nexus page is that it's harder to find a specific mod from Nexus itself, since you only search the title. I think I'll go for individual files, it's not too much work. A lot of copy paste :smile:.

Edit : Ah, I don't know if it's really that much more practical to have individual files. Ugh, choices...

Edited by CreeperLava

@Creeper -- That's why I said to put the titles in the Description.

Having 27separate mods is indeed a lot of work. You're already doing him a favor by doing it. I say, 1 Nexus page for all his mods. Each mod has its own download. There's no way I'd set up 27 Nexus pages for someone. That's a bit insane. One, yes. Twenty-seven? No.

You have to consider the amount of time it's going to take to get all those set up, and the fact that during that time, you could be cataloguing mods instead. Especially for a hodgepodge of texture mods. A page with everything in one shot makes the most sense.

Edited by moho25

Jesus. Yeah, let's not do that again :smile:

In the future, let's do this:

1. Texture mods get bundled, unless they are overhauls. Like if CDAMJC had MEUITM *and* other smaller texture mods, those would get uploaded separately.

2. Texture/Mesh mods may get bundled. I'd say if they are all of the same type "hair", etc, then bundle them.

3. Content mods always get a separate Nexus page.

You are crazy, Creeper! Get some sleep, eek.

...More directions for the spreadsheet, lol.

Edited by moho25