Skyrim contains more than just Skyrim

antonkr

Not a big deal oblivion was the same if i recall. It wasnt possible to mod if i remember. I think it was part of the engine, only.

Not really. It had flat terrain after getting to a province.

Yeah. Here's the post on Reddit, where I first saw it. Oblivion had the masses but there wasn't anything there. This has a gate to Morrowind, and the Imperial City with White Gold tower. Speculation is it's something to do with the world map (improbable, since it's off the bounds of the map) or future DLC. Personally, I'm hoping for the second =)

Not a big deal oblivion was the same if i recall. It wasnt possible to mod if i remember. I think it was part of the engine, only.

You should have a look at Oblivion again ;) I can run halfway into Elsweyr before the trees and grass start disappearing. I can even make it all the way to the coast of Skyrim.

It wasnt possible to mod if i remember

There was a mod for oblivion that added elsweyr to the out of bounds area.

Yes Elsweyr Desert of Anequina.

It added a huge freaking portion to the map.

There is also a group of modders that are adding bits and bats such as Hammerfell and stuff (to oblivion)

THere is that small island in the middle of the sea with a quest line and stuff made by modders and you had to edit the world map to get to it.

Basically it is possible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/SliVeROVeRloRD/Skyrim-landmass.jpg this is what Bethesda have included, the only complete country is Skyrim.

I am wondering why. I would imagine they either make a province for an expansion pack, or give it to modders to use, but, why would they do just the huge area. Maybe for early concepts of the map I would guess. Sort of disappointing.